I finished residency in 2009, but got delayed secondary to a free vacation complements of Uncle Sam, so I took my boards in 2010.
First off, as everybody had said prior, much easier than the RITE.
Two parts, first part is neurobehavior/psychiatry stuff, lots of localization. Honestly, I wish I would have read the most Neurobehavior continuum twice before this because evrything is in there!!! As far as psychiatry, they ask stuff about personality disorders, etc. but not many questions.
Second part of the test are serial questions, that is, 4 to 5 questions based on one scenario. I found this to be easier than the first part. One nice thing, if you answer something incorrect, they give you answer on the next question (of course, you can't go back and change it), so its not like you will be completely wrong and miss say all 5 questions because you were way off.
I actually was the first one finished and I got done with test way early, which made me nervous? However, I passed and that was all that mattered.
Tips:
neuroprep.com
Cohen neuropathology flash cards
Know the EMG/NCV for common things: repetitive stimulation, carpal tunnel, etc
and various other tricks.
If you did okay on the RITE, you will pass. If you did horrible in the RITE, then you of course are at risk, but again, don't sweat it. I did not do acceptable on the RITE until I was a PGY-4 and I passed the real test. No, I did not score highest in the nation or anything like that, but still passed and if I am can do it, anybody can!!