Neurology Certification Exam Preparation Time and Material

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JJ JJ

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
If someone has poor exam-taking skills and are able to devote full weeks of studying, how much time (in weeks) do they need to devote to prepare for this neuro initial certification exam? What are some of the good recommended studying materials (books and/or question banks)? I have first aid for neurology boards... I also have Laughing your way to passing the neurology boards... and the neurology board review from mayo clinic (but this one is a big text book).

Thanks for all of your help in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I would recommend only posting a question once, rather than three times in two existing threads and once in a new one. Then spend 4 weeks studying for the boards. Those books are fine.

I would recommend only posting a question once, rather than three times in two existing threads and once in a new one. Then spend 4 weeks studying for the boards. Those books are fine.

You mean pick one or two books of those, or you mean all three together? Which question bank are people using?

Thanks for your recommendations!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are spending four whole weeks, then you might as well read more than one or two books. Four weeks is a lot of time...

I will preface by saying that I have maxed every licensing exam I have taken. However, I am slow learner but hard-worker; meaning I spent 18 hour days for 3 (4?) weeks studying. All I used was a qbank. The exam is extremely easy and you will find out that you will over prepare. Good Luck.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got my board results today and I passed (did fairly well, too). I would not say the test was easy, though. I used the Mayo Clinic review book, and the Board Vitals question bank. I also had bought neuroprep but I thought it was garbage. The interface was ancient, the questions esoteric and irrelevant, the pictures and images were of low quality and ultimately the questions not at all like the real thing.