neurocandidate

10+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2005
Status
Dear All:

I have been a silent observer of this excellent neuro forum as I plan to apply for the neuro match in 2006. I would like to congratulate you for matching to so many prestigious programs: great work !!

I am also curious of any of you guys who matched - have already received their neuro contracts from the programs ? Also, what would you say are the chances of getting a pgy-1 position during scramble ?

One of my friends has matched to a 2nd-3rd tier neuro program, but he did not receive his contract yet and they do not waranty any pgy-1 position (although they did initially) so he's left with very few prelim programs to rank and also a few categ. programs as well but he doesn't know what to do...:( :confused:

Your advice would be invaluable to me and to him as well....
Thank you so very much for any reply.....

GopherBrain

MARK IT ZERO!!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2003
WFMC
Status
Attending Physician
neurocandidate said:
Dear All:

I have been a silent observer of this excellent neuro forum as I plan to apply for the neuro match in 2006. I would like to congratulate you for matching to so many prestigious programs: great work !!

I am also curious of any of you guys who matched - have already received their neuro contracts from the programs ? Also, what would you say are the chances of getting a pgy-1 position during scramble ?

One of my friends has matched to a 2nd-3rd tier neuro program, but he did not receive his contract yet and they do not waranty any pgy-1 position (although they did initially) so he's left with very few prelim programs to rank and also a few categ. programs as well but he doesn't know what to do...:( :confused:

Your advice would be invaluable to me and to him as well....
Thank you so very much for any reply.....
I haven't gotten anything from my program yet either. I'm not too worried.

I think the odds of scrambling into a PGY1 prelim medicine spot are extremely good, as long as you aren't opposed to moving. Lots of prelim spots go unfilled.