Neurology Journal Club?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bonobo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys here think about starting an online neurology journal club, like the one started by the EM forum? Each thread could start with a journal article title, its abstract, link to its full text online, continue with an interpretation of the article's main conclusions, criticisms and implications, and then a few questions for discussion. Ideally, people can post to this journal club at random whenever they find an interesting article that they think would be interesting to discuss. Articles that may influence future practice opportunities for neurologists would be most appropriate here since they feed into many of the discussions that we have (e.g. a paper that extends the tPA time window using MRI-based selection criteria, or another paper that shows that a new drug, delivered much like chemotherapy, is efficacious in preventing attacks in MS).

Depending on the number of positive vs negative responses to this idea, it might be something worth trying. I would be worried that it might get dominated by a few, but hopefully, people will find this interesting enough that will feel the need to contribute as well...

B

Members don't see this ad.

I would enjoy it. Although I am not sure how much I will be able to contribute. Why don't you start with the first one and see how it goes?
Great idea!

sounds like a good idea

Members don't see this ad :)
GopherBrain said:

What needs to happen to make this work? Do you create a sticky for each new journal article discussed, or make a new subforum where each thread is regarding a different journal article?

B