Neurology Post match Scramble

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WTR

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
can anyone please help me with this. I have done my internal medicine.
Interested in doing neurology. Did not apply through ERAS this year but I am hoping to take part in post match scramble. Do I need to complete application through ERAS for that. Can anyone please put some light on what exact procedure to follow for the scramble.

thanks a ton in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
can anyone please help me with this. I have done my internal medicine.
Interested in doing neurology. Did not apply through ERAS this year but I am hoping to take part in post match scramble. Do I need to complete application through ERAS for that. Can anyone please put some light on what exact procedure to follow for the scramble.

thanks a ton in advance!

Hmmmm.

First, scrambling into neurology these days might be harder than you think. My understanding is that there are alot fewer unfilled spots than 4 years ago, and that these are more competitive than in years past.

Second, I'm not sure about the eligibility and legal requirements to apply in the scramble when you have not even completed an ERAS application. Furthermore, my memory tells me that there were deadlines and fees associated with ERAS...you may be in trouble from this standpoint.

At the very least, you need to speak directly to a program director in neurology about how to go about this. Now.

You need to know what requirements need to be in place before even applying (like submitting an ERAS application), what fees (if any) need to be paid, what letters of recommendation you need ready, and if you've even surpassed deadlines to apply this year.

There may be exceptions to the rules in cases like this, so again, go talk to a neurology program director right away.

Good luck.