Neurology residency map - updated

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OrangeOrange

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

I noticed that the old map was getting pretty outdated, so I made a new one from scratch. All the info in it is from ERAS and the individual programs' web sites. There were a few cases in which it still wasn't super clear to me whether a program had a linked PGY-1 and had to assume, so if anyone notices any errors, please let me know and I'll correct them.

Enjoy!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Holy shiit this is awesome well done!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

EDIT: Just curious, on the map you have:
- categorical or Joint A/P: 114
- Mix of categorical and advanced spots: 10
- Advanced only, some pgy1 guaranteed: 3
- advaced only, no pgy1 spots guaranteed: 14
for a total of 114+10+3+14= 141 programs

When I search FREIDA and select Neurology (all programs), I get a total of 146 programs. Any idea what happened to 5 programs?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
When I search FREIDA and select Neurology (all programs), I get a total of 146 programs. Any idea what happened to 5 programs?

Thank you for catching that! Maybe because it's late in the interview season, some of the programs have changed their settings in ERAS so that they don't show up in the search results anymore? Not sure - I'll look into it and update the map accordingly.

EDIT: Ok, I found the five missing programs. Three of them were military so that explains why they didn't show up in ERAS. I think the other two are AOA-accredited only, rather than ACGME, so maybe that's the explanation there? Anyway! Here they are:
- National Capital Consortium Program
- San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium Program
- Madigan Healthcare System Program
- OPTI West/Valley Hospital Medical Center Program
- Kettering Health Network Program

I'll add them to the map ASAP!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for catching that! Maybe because it's late in the interview season, some of the programs have changed their settings in ERAS so that they don't show up in the search results anymore? Not sure - I'll look into it and update the map accordingly.

EDIT: Ok, I found the five missing programs. Three of them were military so that explains why they didn't show up in ERAS. I think the other two are AOA-accredited only, rather than ACGME, so maybe that's the explanation there? Anyway! Here they are:
- National Capital Consortium Program
- San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium Program
- Madigan Healthcare System Program
- OPTI West/Valley Hospital Medical Center Program
- Kettering Health Network Program

I'll add them to the map ASAP!
Awesome, thanks!

Motion to replace the sticky from 2011 with this map!