Neurology Top Journals

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Faebinder

Slow Wave Smurf
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could someone experienced list me the most recognized top neurology journals (just the top 5 is enough but I would love to see the top 10).

Thank you...

Members don't see this ad.

Faebinder said:
Could someone experienced list me the most recognized top neurology journals (just the top 5 is enough but I would love to see the top 10).

Thank you...

Not sure what you mean by "most recognized," and every neurologist will have specific subspecialty journals they read, but in general terms my top couple would be:

Neurology ("The Green Journal")
Annals of Neurology
Archives of Neurology
Neurologic Clinics of North America
Stroke
Epilepsia
Brain
Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry

neurologist said:
Not sure what you mean by "most recognized," and every neurologist will have specific subspecialty journals they read, but in general terms my top couple would be:

Neurology ("The Green Journal")
Annals of Neurology
Archives of Neurology
Neurologic Clinics of North America
Stroke
Epilepsia
Brain
Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry

Thanx for the list.. (PS: I generally think of most recognized as most citation per published article. I am less experienced with neuro journals which is why I am asking.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I agree with the list.

Just as another point. what do people think about review journals? y'know for when you just want to read something up to date without having to look at the confidence intervals, think about confounders or bias.

I've subscribed to practical neurology and I think it's pretty good. it has some lighter side stuff which I like as well.

I'm an fmg doing a year of neuropathology outside the US right now. Hoping to match in Neurology. I have time to read.

Yeah, I agree with the list.

Just as another point. what do people think about review journals? y'know for when you just want to read something up to date without having to look at the confidence intervals, think about confounders or bias.

I've subscribed to practical neurology and I think it's pretty good. it has some lighter side stuff which I like as well.

I'm an fmg doing a year of neuropathology outside the US right now. Hoping to match in Neurology. I have time to read.

I already listed one such (Neuro Clinics). Seminars in Neurology is another good one; like "Clinics" has a "single topic" format. "The Neurologist" is also a nice little review journal, but from what I recall, whoppingly expensive to subscribe to; see if your library has it.

Thanks for the "The Neurologist" suggestion btw... sometimes it's so hard to get things into the larger journals like Annals of Neurology or Neurology...

Seems like a good journal to send publications to.

Woo Woo.. finally got my name on pubmed today... damn took year and a quarter of research.