neuropathology

Discussion in 'Pathology' started by Abacus1050, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Abacus1050

Abacus1050 Member

Can a neurologist interested in research do a fellowship in np? I would be interested in having access to the tissue and being more skillful in analyzing it.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. pathstudent

pathstudent Sound Kapital

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Yes.

4. LADoc00

LADoc00 There is no substitute for victory.

Attending Physician
    HUH? Way to talk right out of your ass...Now unless someone is about to feed a HUGE ass slice of humble pie:
    You must be AP (then its 2 years) or CP (then its 3!! years long) boarded. Now someone may be able attend NP sign outs BUT you cant any sort of accredited fellowship. The very LEAST Ive ever heard of someone having was 1 year of AP before they started the fellowship. So technically a neurologist could do it, but they would essentially be doing a 2nd residency in Path. I will say, from my exprience this is UNHEARD OF.

Now Hemepath is different note the wording:

http://www.abpath.org/ReqForCert.htm#NP

5. Abacus1050

Abacus1050 Member

Thank you for your response!

6. LADoc00

Attending Physician
    Your welcome.

I would guess about 0.0012% of all SDN posters actually know what they are talking about and another 2-5% stumble onto the truth by dumb luck. Such is the internet age!

7. b&ierstiefel

b&ierstiefel Guest

Non-Student
    Well it's good to have people like you on SDN who have experience and tell it the way it is.

8. LADoc00

Attending Physician

Andy! you have become scarce these days, it must be the daily beating administered by Fletcher. The whips crack hard on Francis street.(catchy phrase I must say..) I would advise an occasional escape trip to Au Bon Pain downstairs...or better yet to BID's Starbucks.

9. pathstudent

pathstudent Sound Kapital

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    At my med school there was a neuropathologist who did a fellowship after neuro residency. I guess the rules have changed. My bad. But there was also a pathology instructor who was board certified in path, but never did a path residency. He did Int Med. THings must have been more loosey-goosey in previous years (70s/80s).

10. b&ierstiefel

b&ierstiefel Guest

Non-Student
    Sup man...yeah I've been scarce because (a) I don't check this site much; and (b) my anonymity is blown. I'm being watched.

Life's been pretty chill these days though...faster, more efficient, and getting out at good hours...nothing really to complain about.

ABP is a ripoff. Everything is overpriced. Not a big fan. Just go there to get coffee in the mornings.

Starbucks is worse...but more eye candy there :)