You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Neuropsych Fellowship post-doc interview offers
Started by mgmg1990
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I don’t have the executive skills to track and organize everyone’s invites like past year’s threads, but has anyone received an invite yet for the Palo Alto VA Neuropsych fellowship? It looks like last year they sent invites out the third week of November, so I’m assuming by now it’s a rejection but I’m still trying to hold out hope 😅
Official Site Name: University of Michigan Medicine/VA Ann Arbor Consortium in Clinical Neuropsychology
Date Invitation Received: 12/2/2022
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): personal email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Michigan Medicine Pediatric Neuropsychology
Interview Dates Offered: 12/5 multiple times, 12/6, 12/7 multiple times
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: planning on doing some baking this weekend
Date Invitation Received: 12/2/2022
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): personal email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Michigan Medicine Pediatric Neuropsychology
Interview Dates Offered: 12/5 multiple times, 12/6, 12/7 multiple times
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: planning on doing some baking this weekend
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mgmg1990
New Member
I did get mine last week but I just had to withdraw due to accepting another offer so there may be another interview spot up for grabs.I don’t have the executive skills to track and organize everyone’s invites like past year’s threads, but has anyone received an invite yet for the Palo Alto VA Neuropsych fellowship? It looks like last year they sent invites out the third week of November, so I’m assuming by now it’s a rejection but I’m still trying to hold out hope 😅
littleCPsyD
Full Member
Have not heard anythingAnyone hear about UCLA out of curiosity?
littleCPsyD
Full Member
Rejection
Official Site Name: Mayo Clinic-Rochester
Date Invitation/Rejection Received: 11/30/2022
Method (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Mass rejection
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Adult
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: massages and tattoos
Official Site Name: Mayo Clinic-Rochester
Date Invitation/Rejection Received: 11/30/2022
Method (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Mass rejection
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Adult
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: massages and tattoos
Click here for the GOOGLE SPREADSHEET to help keep track and organize! Add as you hear back.Post updates on who has heard from where in regards to neuropsychology fellowship interviews.
@mgmg1990 if you could pin this to the top of the thread, that'd be great 👍
Last edited:
Official Site Name: McLean Hospital
Date Invitation Received: 12/2/2022
Method (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Personal Email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Adult/Geriatric
Interview Dates Offered: 16th, 19th, 20th, 21st Dec
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: Snuggling with my kitties and binge watching bad TV
Date Invitation Received: 12/2/2022
Method (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Personal Email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Adult/Geriatric
Interview Dates Offered: 16th, 19th, 20th, 21st Dec
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: Snuggling with my kitties and binge watching bad TV
Meninges Mama
New Member
Any updates? Curious over here too.Anyone hear about UCLA out of curiosity?
Official Site Name: Baylor College of Medicine/Texas Children's Hospital
Date Invitation Received: 12/12/2022
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): personal email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Pediatric Neuropsychology
Interview Dates Offered: 1/10, 1/11, 1/12 between 9am and 6pm, will be called later this week to schedule
If & How you're staying sane: mini dance parties when receiving interview invites 🙂
Date Invitation Received: 12/12/2022
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): personal email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Pediatric Neuropsychology
Interview Dates Offered: 1/10, 1/11, 1/12 between 9am and 6pm, will be called later this week to schedule
If & How you're staying sane: mini dance parties when receiving interview invites 🙂
I'm a few (or more) years removed from postdoc training, but I'd heard good things about that site.Official Site Name: Baylor College of Medicine/Texas Children's Hospital
Date Invitation Received: 12/12/2022
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): personal email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Pediatric Neuropsychology
Interview Dates Offered: 1/10, 1/11, 1/12 between 9am and 6pm, will be called later this week to schedule
If & How you're staying sane: mini dance parties when receiving interview invites 🙂
Andi Bhandi
Full Member
Did anyone hear from Hopkins yet? Trying to keep my hopes alive.
I accepted an offer from a very early site the other day, and I wrote them to let them know and they said they appreciated it because they are still in the process of reviewing apps.Did anyone hear from Hopkins yet? Trying to keep my hopes alive.
Good luck!
Andi Bhandi
Full Member
Thank you for the update. Congratulations on securing a position!I accepted an offer from a very early site the other day, and I wrote them to let them know and they said they appreciated it because they are still in the process of reviewing apps.
Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Official Site Name: Baylor College of Medicine/Texas Children's Hospital
Date Invitation Received: 12/12/2022
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): personal email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Pediatric Neuropsychology
Interview Dates Offered: 1/10, 1/11, 1/12 between 9am and 6pm, will be called later this week to schedule
If & How you're staying sane: mini dance parties when receiving interview invites 🙂
Did the Baylor Peds NP deadline pass? Or did they just send out invites earlier, prior to deadline? (I'm applying to adult track with deadline 12/19)
I'm guessing it varies but in general, do postdoc sites wait until deadline to review, or review as apps come in? I have been sending out my apps the day of or day before... because internship and life
peds_neuro
New Member
The deadline for the peds neuro fellowship application was 12/1. It seems like we all heard on the same day at the same time, so my guess is that the adult side of things will be handled similarly.Did the Baylor Peds NP deadline pass? Or did they just send out invites earlier, prior to deadline? (I'm applying to adult track with deadline 12/19)
I'm guessing it varies but in general, do postdoc sites wait until deadline to review, or review as apps come in? I have been sending out my apps the day of or day before... because internship and life
Last edited:
If you’re referring to the adult neuropsych postdoc in Baylor’s neurology department, that’s a different site than Texas Children’sDid the Baylor Peds NP deadline pass? Or did they just send out invites earlier, prior to deadline? (I'm applying to adult track with deadline 12/19)
I'm guessing it varies but in general, do postdoc sites wait until deadline to review, or review as apps come in? I have been sending out my apps the day of or day before... because internship and life
I got an interview offer from them today. Hopefully you hear good news today too!Did anyone hear from Hopkins yet? Trying to keep my hopes alive.
Andi Bhandi
Full Member
Congratulations!! Is it the psychiatry or PM & R program?I got an interview offer from them today. Hopefully you hear good news today too!
PM&RCongratulations!! Is it the psychiatry or PM & R program?
Andi Bhandi
Full Member
I also received an invite. Good luck with the interview.PM&R
peds_neuro
New Member
Official Site Name: Boston Children’s Hospital/Harvard Medical School
Date Invitation Received: 12/16/2022
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Pediatric Neuropsychology
Interview Dates Offered: 1/11; 1/20
Date Invitation Received: 12/16/2022
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Pediatric Neuropsychology
Interview Dates Offered: 1/11; 1/20
**added a tab on the spreadsheet for spots taken/offers that folks have already accepted!**
if folks feel comfortable anonymously sharing, would be great to know regarding the non-match sites 🙂 so we can focus our efforts elsewhere!
if folks feel comfortable anonymously sharing, would be great to know regarding the non-match sites 🙂 so we can focus our efforts elsewhere!
littleCPsyD
Full Member
For the person who received the Barrow interview, was it for the general track or rehab track?
Official Site Name: UC Davis Medical Dept. of Neurology
Date Invitation Received: 12/21/2022
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): personal email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Adult Neuropsychology
Interview Dates Offered: TBD
Date Invitation Received: 12/21/2022
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): personal email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Adult Neuropsychology
Interview Dates Offered: TBD
Andi Bhandi
Full Member
This thread seems so quiet this year.
this is more painful than I thought
allabouthatbasalganglia
Full Member
Official Site Name: The University of Chicago
Date Invitation/Rejection Received: 12/22/2022
Method (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Mass email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Adult
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: Cuddling with my dogs and spending time with loved ones
Date Invitation/Rejection Received: 12/22/2022
Method (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Mass email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Adult
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: Cuddling with my dogs and spending time with loved ones
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Meninges Mama
New Member
It looks like generalFor the person who received the Barrow interview, was it for the general track or rehab track?
Meninges Mama
New Member
Hello everyone, I'm hoping things will pick up a bit after the holiday season and/or having some of their internship interviews out of the way. Anyone else in the same boat?
littleCPsyD
Full Member
I’ve heard from exactly half of my sites at this point. Based on the forum from last year, I’d anticipate most offers at this point won’t come out until after the new year. Several sites specifically reached out to say they send out invitations at the beginning of January. Feels like so long to wait ! 😊Hello everyone, I'm hoping things will pick up a bit after the holiday season and/or having some of their internship interviews out of the way. Anyone else in the same boat?
littleCPsyD
Full Member
Did anyone ever hear from Dartmouth’s adult Neuro track?
Meninges Mama
New Member
It sounds like apps close on 1/2/2023 and "offers may be made at any time after app deadline."Anyone hear about UCLA out of curiosity?
Andi Bhandi
Full Member
Anyone heard from Hopkins Psychiatry yet?
I received an invite today for the adult track - hoping you receive good news as well!Did anyone ever hear from Dartmouth’s adult Neuro track?
littleCPsyD
Full Member
I did! Thanks!I received an invite today for the adult track - hoping you receive good news as well!
It's kinda surreal reading all of these names because it all comes rushing back, the mix of angst and excitement, even though it's been over a decade. Thankfully the interview process and overall experience are so very different than internship. I still feel scarred from going through internship during the height of the imbalance, though navigating COVID et al. isn't exactly a basket of puppies i'm sure. The actual intern year flies by because of how early apps are due. I went through when some quality programs started opting out of the Neuro Match (UCLA being the most notable, but I think one of the Hopkins depts and a few others did too), which made juggling outside offers or rolling the dice on match its own nightly neurosis (I kid...sorta). Thankfully they have a process for that now too.
Thankfully for the soon-to-be-fellow, the overall process just feels so much different than internship, and I'd encourage you all to go in thinking about fellowship as not only a great training opportunity, but thinking about how it may fit beyond the training years. The interview process is much more collegial, while still being about how you fit and what each side can offer each other. For a % of these spots, the fellow ends up staying on and becoming faculty, which is kind of wild to think about as an intern partway through your training. You are all almost there, just make sure to get your dissertations defended, as that is the biggest issue applicants seem to hit at this stage. FWIW, the two years I spent on fellowship were the best training I received and while demanding, really set me up to be successful stepping into a "real" job...so you should be more excited than anything.
Best of luck everyone.
Thankfully for the soon-to-be-fellow, the overall process just feels so much different than internship, and I'd encourage you all to go in thinking about fellowship as not only a great training opportunity, but thinking about how it may fit beyond the training years. The interview process is much more collegial, while still being about how you fit and what each side can offer each other. For a % of these spots, the fellow ends up staying on and becoming faculty, which is kind of wild to think about as an intern partway through your training. You are all almost there, just make sure to get your dissertations defended, as that is the biggest issue applicants seem to hit at this stage. FWIW, the two years I spent on fellowship were the best training I received and while demanding, really set me up to be successful stepping into a "real" job...so you should be more excited than anything.
Best of luck everyone.
Official Site Name: Shepherd Center
Date Invitation Received: 01/02/2022
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): personal email
Interview Dates Offered: 01/31 or 02/01 at INS
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: Puzzles and Valheim
Date Invitation Received: 01/02/2022
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): personal email
Interview Dates Offered: 01/31 or 02/01 at INS
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: Puzzles and Valheim
Official Site Name: Marshall University School of Medicine Department of Neurology
Date Invitation Received: 01/04/2023
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): NMS System Interview Scheduling Link
Interview Dates Offered: Several dates/times throughout January
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: Research rabbit holes to distract me
Date Invitation Received: 01/04/2023
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): NMS System Interview Scheduling Link
Interview Dates Offered: Several dates/times throughout January
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: Research rabbit holes to distract me
Official Site Name: Phoenix VA
Date Invitation Received: 01/04/2023
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Personal Email
Interview Dates Offered: At INS on 1/31 or virtually the week of 01/23
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: Research rabbit holes
Date Invitation Received: 01/04/2023
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Personal Email
Interview Dates Offered: At INS on 1/31 or virtually the week of 01/23
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: Research rabbit holes
DendriteDelight
New Member
Hey guys,
Exciting times we are going through! Has anyone heard from Michigan Medicine (Rehab tracks) or Mt Sinai (CN and rehab research)? The deadlines were 12/12 and 12/15, respectively, so wondering if anyone has heard an update that has not been posted on the Google sheet.
Thank you!
Exciting times we are going through! Has anyone heard from Michigan Medicine (Rehab tracks) or Mt Sinai (CN and rehab research)? The deadlines were 12/12 and 12/15, respectively, so wondering if anyone has heard an update that has not been posted on the Google sheet.
Thank you!
Hey! I just received confirmation this morning that they received my application and are reviewing my materials. They said they'll be in touch about the next steps. I was a little worried that I had been rejected because the deadline was a month ago but was pleasantly surprised to get that email!Hello,
Has anyone heard from Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center/Massachusetts Mental Health Center (MMHC)- Harvard Medical School (HMS)?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been wondering. Does anyone know how many submitted rankings ensures good odds of matching in the neuro match? Is it around 8-10 like for internship?
Also, does completing an APA-accredited neuro postdoc help with future job prospects at all? I know it's not nearly as big of a deal as completing an APA-accredited internship, so I'm just wondering, what difference does doing an APA-accredited neuro postdoc make?
Also, does completing an APA-accredited neuro postdoc help with future job prospects at all? I know it's not nearly as big of a deal as completing an APA-accredited internship, so I'm just wondering, what difference does doing an APA-accredited neuro postdoc make?
I've been wondering. Does anyone know how many submitted rankings ensures good odds of matching in the neuro match? Is it around 8-10 like for internship?
Also, does completing an APA-accredited neuro postdoc help with future job prospects at all? I know it's not nearly as big of a deal as completing an APA-accredited internship, so I'm just wondering, what difference does doing an APA-accredited neuro postdoc make?
Where and who you trained under matters more, but the accredited postdocs usually have good, boarded supervisors. If it's an APPCN postdoc, it will make board certification significantly easier.
Good to know, thank you!Where and who you trained under matters more, but the accredited postdocs usually have good, boarded supervisors. If it's an APPCN postdoc, it will make board certification significantly easier.
Excellent! I received the email too🙏. Thanks for your response.Hey! I just received confirmation this morning that they received my application and are reviewing my materials. They said they'll be in touch about the next steps. I was a little worried that I had been rejected because the deadline was a month ago but was pleasantly surprised to get that email!
littleCPsyD
Full Member
Hi there, here is a link to an ABPP-CN webinar that covers all of these questions. It was updated for this training cycle so great info here!I've been wondering. Does anyone know how many submitted rankings ensures good odds of matching in the neuro match? Is it around 8-10 like for internship?
Also, does completing an APA-accredited neuro postdoc help with future job prospects at all? I know it's not nearly as big of a deal as completing an APA-accredited internship, so I'm just wondering, what difference does doing an APA-accredited neuro postdoc make?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K