Neuropsych Fellowship post-doc interview offers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi there, here is a link to an ABPP-CN webinar that covers all of these questions. It was updated for this training cycle so great info here!

Thank you so much!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If a site has sent out interview offers but I haven’t heard from them, should I assume that I will be rejected?

If a site has sent out interview offers but I haven’t heard from them, should I assume that I will be rejected?
Seems like usually the answer is yes but not always. I actually got an invitation a few weeks after the site sent out some invitations. However, in that case they had also already sent rejections.

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like usually the answer is yes but not always. I actually got an invitation a few weeks after the site sent out some invitations. However, in that case they had also already sent rejections.
Thanks for sharing your experience! Yeah, I think looking at the excel sheet it looks like they haven’t sent out rejections so not looking so good

I think it also depends on if the interview offers were extended via a mass email or a personal email. I had one site where a friend of mine heard back 1 day and I heard back a different day.

Reactions: 1 users
I’m still waiting to hear from: University of Colorado SOM Anschutz Adult Neuro, Philadelphia VA, and San Diego VA. Any updates from anyone who hasn’t updated the sheet?

Also, not sure Cedars-Sinai is sending invites on a rolling basis but if anyone has gotten an invite since the initial December invites, if you could let me know, I’d greatly appreciate it!

Good luck to everybody!

I’m still waiting to hear from: University of Colorado SOM Anschutz Adult Neuro, Philadelphia VA, and San Diego VA. Any updates from anyone who hasn’t updated the sheet?

Also, not sure Cedars-Sinai is sending invites on a rolling basis but if anyone has gotten an invite since the initial December invites, if you could let me know, I’d greatly appreciate it!

Good luck to everybody!
Also waiting on Colorado

Good luck to everybody!
I am also waiting on University of Colorado and Philly VA. I know Philly is reviewing applications still but have heard nothing about Colorado yet.

Official Site Name: Spectrum Health (Grand Rapids, MI)
Date Invitation Received: 1/13/2023
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): mass email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Adult neuro
Interview Dates Offered: January 17, 19, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 all virtual
(In honor of years past) If & how you're staying sane: consuming my weight in chocolate

Reactions: 2 users
Hello,

Has anyone heard from Montefiore Medical Center (Bilingual Adult-Focused track) or the adult track at AdventHealth Medical Group (AHMG)-Winter Park, FL?

Was wondering if multiple folks heard from U of Colorado adult Neuro? I was really hoping to interview there for family reasons so trying to determine if all invites were sent yesterday.

Official Site Name: University of Colorado School of Medicine - Anschutz
Date Invitation Received: 1/17/2023
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): mass email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Adult neuro
Interview Dates Offered: week of January 23-27th, multiple times per date
(In honor of years past) If & how you're staying sane: consuming my weight in chocolate

Members don't see this ad :)
Was wondering if multiple folks heard from U of Colorado adult Neuro? I was really hoping to interview there for family reasons so trying to determine if all invites were sent yesterday.
I got an invite yesterday morning. Not sure if they are sending them out over multiple days. I hope you hear back from them!

Has anyone heard from Baltimore VA after the interview? Any guesses on how long sites take to reach out to extend offers?

Has anyone heard from university of Kentucky? They seem short on time (unless I just didn’t get an interview) given they schedule like a pre-interview via zoom before selecting who they’ll interview at INS.

anyone else receive an interview invite from a ucla track DURING ins? kind of wondering if I was low on their list, if they didn't set up an interview before the conference...

and all of this does not even matter because I reached out to them previously and told them I had accepted another offer lol. I am really just curious :laugh:

anyone else receive an interview invite from a ucla track DURING ins? kind of wondering if I was low on their list, if they didn't set up an interview before the conference...

and all of this does not even matter because I reached out to them previously and told them I had accepted another offer lol. I am really just curious :laugh:
Yeah, I got one. Looks like they are just very behind. I’m happy just to get an interview. Probably not gonna get an offer.

How would you interpret emails from directors regarding their continued interest in your application before the ranking deadline? Is it a sign that I'm among the top applicants on their rank order list?

How would you interpret emails from directors regarding their continued interest in your application before the ranking deadline? Is it a sign that I'm among the top applicants on their rank order list?
Hi there! I would look at exactly how the email is worded as there are policies about how they can communicate with you if this is an APPCN Match Program and that happy little codified message should be one of the 4 that they're allowed to give you. #4d specifically has those phrases and what they mean (I bolded it below for ya!) Good luck!

4. Participants in the APPCN Match, including applicants and programs, must not communicate, solicit, accept, or use any ranking-related information prior to the release of the Match results, except as specifically permitted below.

a. Residency programs must include the following statement on their websites and in their brochures: “This residency site agrees to abide by the APPCN policy that no person at this facility will solicit, accept, or use any ranking-related information from any residency applicant.”

b. Residency programs and applicants must never solicit information regarding applicants’ and programs’ rankings, even after the release of the Match results, other than as permitted in Policy 4e below.

c. Residency programs that offer more than one track (program) in the APPCN Match (i.e., residency sites with more than one program code number) are expected to ask applicants to identify the tracks to which they are applying. However, residency programs must not solicit any information about the applicants’ rankings of these tracks.

d. Prior to the release of APPCN Match results, residency applicants may be provided with limited information regarding their candidacy. Acceptable statements prior to Match Day are described below:
1) For applicants receiving serious consideration: “We are very interested in your application. You are competitive with our top applicants.”
2) For applicants not ranked near the top of the list but not ranked so low as to be excluded from consideration: “Although your application is not in the top group of our applicants, we have a continued interest in your application.”
3) For applicants who definitely will not be accepted into the program, even if all the other applicants are unavailable: “Because of the large number of excellent applicants for our (number) position(s), we regret to inform you that your application is no longer being considered. We hope this information will be useful to you as you consider other positions.”
4) For applicants who have received an offer from a program not participating in the Match and who will be ranked high enough to be guaranteed a match, as specified in policy 4e below: “We will rank you high enough to match with our program. You may match with another program if you rank that program higher, but if you rank us first, you will be guaranteed to match with us.”

e. Response to preemptive offers: Prior to the Rank Order List Deadline, an applicant who receives an offer from a program not participating in the Match (i.e., a “preemptive offer”) may contact a program participating in the Match and inform the program of the offer. The program may then provide additional, limited feedback to the applicant, as follows: 1) First, the following two conditions must be satisfied: i) The program has been informed by the applicant prior to the Rank Order List Deadline that the applicant has received a preemptive offer from a program not participating in the Match, AND ii) The program will be ranking the applicant high enough to be guaranteed a match (e.g., ranked first if the program has one position to fill, ranked in the top three if the program has three positions to fill). 2) If the two conditions above are satisfied, the program may then provide the following response to the applicant: Match Policies (continued) 3 “We will rank you high enough to match with our program. You may match with another program if you rank that program higher, but if you rank us first, you will be guaranteed to match with us.” 3) If a residency site offers more than one track in the APPCN Match for which it submits separate Rank Order Lists, the site must specify in the response the track(s) to which the response applies. 4) Responses to applicants provided pursuant to this Policy 4e should be provided to the applicant in writing (e.g., by email). 5) Programs that choose to provide this feedback in response to preemptive offers must submit Rank Order Lists for the Match that are consistent with any and all feedback provided to applicants in response to preemptive offers.

f. Any ranking information that is communicated between applicants and residency programs, other than as specified in Policy 4e, is a violation of these policies, is non-binding for purposes of the Match and may be changed at any time prior to the Rank Order List submission deadline. The matching of applicants to programs will be based solely on the confidential Rank Order Lists that are submitted to the APPCN Match. g. Residency programs may choose to provide applicants with information about the size of the applicant pool.

Hi, I was curious if the site emailed you that information or if you emailed them first to inquire on your standing? I have not heard communication from sites after interviewing, but I also haven't reached out to inquire on my standing, so I'm just curious

Hi, I was curious if the site emailed you that information or if you emailed them first to inquire on your standing? I have not heard communication from sites after interviewing, but I also haven't reached out to inquire on my standing, so I'm just curious
Some sites will choose to email you these things on their own, some will not. Not every site that has you “competitive with our top applicants” will tell you. The APPCN site I ultimately ended up matching to did not send me one of these emails.

Some sites will choose to email you these things on their own, some will not. Not every site that has you “competitive with our top applicants” will tell you. The APPCN site I ultimately ended up matching to did not send me one of these emails.
Gotcha, thank you!

What track was this for? I am waiting to hear from the pediatric track.

What track was this for? I am waiting to hear from the pediatric track.
I would say don't hold your breath. Not everyone gets on this forum and fills out the spreadsheet. Tomorrow is the match deadline and they should send offers by Mon (yesterday)

I would say don't hold your breath. Not everyone gets on this forum and fills out the spreadsheet. Tomorrow is the match deadline and they should send offers by Mon (yesterday)
Thanks for the info! I don't know if UCLA is following the match guidelines as I applied via email and not the match website

Hi there! I would look at exactly how the email is worded as there are policies about how they can communicate with you if this is an APPCN Match Program and that happy little codified message should be one of the 4 that they're allowed to give you. #4d specifically has those phrases and what they mean (I bolded it below for ya!) Good luck!

4. Participants in the APPCN Match, including applicants and programs, must not communicate, solicit, accept, or use any ranking-related information prior to the release of the Match results, except as specifically permitted below.

a. Residency programs must include the following statement on their websites and in their brochures: “This residency site agrees to abide by the APPCN policy that no person at this facility will solicit, accept, or use any ranking-related information from any residency applicant.”

b. Residency programs and applicants must never solicit information regarding applicants’ and programs’ rankings, even after the release of the Match results, other than as permitted in Policy 4e below.

c. Residency programs that offer more than one track (program) in the APPCN Match (i.e., residency sites with more than one program code number) are expected to ask applicants to identify the tracks to which they are applying. However, residency programs must not solicit any information about the applicants’ rankings of these tracks.

d. Prior to the release of APPCN Match results, residency applicants may be provided with limited information regarding their candidacy. Acceptable statements prior to Match Day are described below:
1) For applicants receiving serious consideration: “We are very interested in your application. You are competitive with our top applicants.”
2) For applicants not ranked near the top of the list but not ranked so low as to be excluded from consideration: “Although your application is not in the top group of our applicants, we have a continued interest in your application.”
3) For applicants who definitely will not be accepted into the program, even if all the other applicants are unavailable: “Because of the large number of excellent applicants for our (number) position(s), we regret to inform you that your application is no longer being considered. We hope this information will be useful to you as you consider other positions.”
4) For applicants who have received an offer from a program not participating in the Match and who will be ranked high enough to be guaranteed a match, as specified in policy 4e below: “We will rank you high enough to match with our program. You may match with another program if you rank that program higher, but if you rank us first, you will be guaranteed to match with us.”

e. Response to preemptive offers: Prior to the Rank Order List Deadline, an applicant who receives an offer from a program not participating in the Match (i.e., a “preemptive offer”) may contact a program participating in the Match and inform the program of the offer. The program may then provide additional, limited feedback to the applicant, as follows: 1) First, the following two conditions must be satisfied: i) The program has been informed by the applicant prior to the Rank Order List Deadline that the applicant has received a preemptive offer from a program not participating in the Match, AND ii) The program will be ranking the applicant high enough to be guaranteed a match (e.g., ranked first if the program has one position to fill, ranked in the top three if the program has three positions to fill). 2) If the two conditions above are satisfied, the program may then provide the following response to the applicant: Match Policies (continued) 3 “We will rank you high enough to match with our program. You may match with another program if you rank that program higher, but if you rank us first, you will be guaranteed to match with us.” 3) If a residency site offers more than one track in the APPCN Match for which it submits separate Rank Order Lists, the site must specify in the response the track(s) to which the response applies. 4) Responses to applicants provided pursuant to this Policy 4e should be provided to the applicant in writing (e.g., by email). 5) Programs that choose to provide this feedback in response to preemptive offers must submit Rank Order Lists for the Match that are consistent with any and all feedback provided to applicants in response to preemptive offers.

f. Any ranking information that is communicated between applicants and residency programs, other than as specified in Policy 4e, is a violation of these policies, is non-binding for purposes of the Match and may be changed at any time prior to the Rank Order List submission deadline. The matching of applicants to programs will be based solely on the confidential Rank Order Lists that are submitted to the APPCN Match. g. Residency programs may choose to provide applicants with information about the size of the applicant pool.
Thanks for the info!

Hi, I was curious if the site emailed you that information or if you emailed theklim first to inquire on your standing? I have not heard communication from sites after interviewing, but I also haven't reached out to inquire on my standing, so I'm just curious
Hi, Two programs emailed me without me asking.

As we wait for Match Day for those who are participating in the match (and just the wait in general for those who are not)- how is everyone doing? This is a hard thing to do! Personally I'm finding myself very thankful for the ability to process/vent about my experience and anxieties surrounding securing a post-doc position with those who are also going through it in my university cohort as well as my internship cohort.

For those participating in Match, what are you doing for Match Day? I feel like I've seen/heard a split between isolating, aggressive self-care, and distracting with work.

• Care
As we wait for Match Day for those who are participating in the match (and just the wait in general for those who are not)- how is everyone doing? This is a hard thing to do! Personally I'm finding myself very thankful for the ability to process/vent about my experience and anxieties surrounding securing a post-doc position with those who are also going through it in my university cohort as well as my internship cohort.

For those participating in Match, what are you doing for Match Day? I feel like I've seen/heard a split between isolating, aggressive self-care, and distracting with work.
Surprisingly, I'm feeling well. Last night I had my first nightmare about the APPCN Match, but I'm fine:rofl:. I didn't plan anything for match day. Just a regular day for me at my internship site. Wishing you all the best!

Also, at what time should we expect the email with the results?

Anyone apply to the Columbia Promise Project for peds neuropsych? I want to apply next year and wonder what they look for in applicants

Surprisingly, I'm feeling well. Last night I had my first nightmare about the APPCN Match, but I'm fine:rofl:. I didn't plan anything for match day. Just a regular day for me at my internship site. Wishing you all the best!

Also, at what time should we expect the email with the results?
The website says 12 EST! Thought earlier would be nicer 😅

I'm pretty sure I had my APCCN match results by (and likely before) 10 am CST... this was back in 2018.

Reactions: 2 users
Happy Match day!! I got my email results today at 7:54am EST. So happy!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users