Never mind

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ocddad

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Never mind

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
These are my thoughts.

I don't see any clinical volunteering hours. You'll need 50-100 hrs minimum working with patients. Shadowing a surgeon is fine but how about getting 25-50 hours shadowing a primary care doc in addition?

Also if after 3 cycles and you have only gotten 1 interview invite, I am just speculating that readers are being put off by your personal statement and how you are writing your secondaries. Normally I don't like to advocate for paying for an application service, but in your case, it might be worthwhile and they can help you write your app that might not be off putting. Others more knowledgeable will be more helpful.

@Mr.Smile12 @Goro

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This will be your third cycle?
I wouldn’t apply to Rush or Creighton. Both expect hundreds if not thousands of service hours from their applicants. And they get them, especially Rush.
For a three time applicant your ECs seem very basic and don’t really seem to show a passion or even an interest for service or even medicine.

I will also join the request for the OP to be appropriately forthcoming. How many years of potential salary have been put into applying and reapplying? We can't really help the OP unless the OP is sincere in their intention to receive and take action on advice given here. I would agree that signs point to something in the primary application (PS, other essays, or W/A descriptions) to have such a poor showing as a nontrad applicant. Has the OP actually talked with admissions staff at the schools closest to them?