never thought I'd say it but too many interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dental diva

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm beyond greatful for the interviews and acceptance that I have but I'm a masters student and there's no way I can make all these interviews and still do decent in my classes. I have nyu, indiana u, and mwu-il. MWU is my first choice but I can't pick between indiana and nyu to interview at, I tried everything but I just can't go to both. Any input?

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, if you can't make it, then turn them down and provide the spot to someone else who might need it!

Either way congrats for your interviews and good luck!

Hey guys,

I'm beyond greatful for the interviews and acceptance that I have but I'm a masters student and there's no way I can make all these interviews and still do decent in my classes. I have nyu, indiana u, and mwu-il. MWU is my first choice but I can't pick between indiana and nyu to interview at, I tried everything but I just can't go to both. Any input?
I'm a Master's student as well, and I received 3 interview where the overlapped with my classes. I must admit that it was super hard to keep up, and that I actually fell behind in some of my classes. Try anything you can to make it to all of the interviews because you never know where you'd get in, or try to make it to your top choices and the ones that you see yourself at.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Try and go to all of them (you never know what will happen as far as decisions go) and explain to your professors that you absolutely have to attend and ask if there's anything you can do ahead of time that will help you stay up to date with the class.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats on the interviews, but you should do everything possible to attend all of them. There are no guarantees you'll be accepted anywhere. If it were me, I wouldn't leave anything to chance

Big congrats on your success. Im sure you can miss a few classes to go to interviews and take minimal grade damage. If not inform your professors your situation and see if theres anything to be done.

Most important thing is money, both the amount you spend for the trip as well as the cost of attendance. Is the school you've been accepted to cheaper than the schools that want to interview you ? I know for a fact that NYU is super expensive, and I think MW is also very expensive. I wouldn't even bother unless if you have strong geographical ties to those areas. If you are in state at Indiana I would def interview there. Also if they consider you for in state after the first year I would interview there.

I had 11 invites but earlier this week got a 12th invite at a super-pricey school. Uh, yeah right, like I'm going to waste $5-600 traveling there just for the CHANCE of attending a MORE EXPENSIVE school than the ones I got into already !!

Gosh, you are in such terrible predicament.

There are no guarantees. If you do not have an acceptance yet, then try to make all interviews if you can.

Gosh, you are in such terrible predicament.

i swear i'm not being ungreatful!

But OP is already accepted at Western.

you are correct lol i was accepted to WesternU.

Also if they consider you for in state after the first year I would interview there.

Oh wow I never thought of that, I'm OOS Indiana. how do I find out about this residency thing? there's nothing on the website unfortunately.

The issue is I planned on really focusing this month since i have at least 2 exams a week and i was really excited about keeping my grades up and having a shiny new graduate GPA, i guess that's not a real problem to have but anyway...

i scheduled all of them just in case. hopefully they'll be worth it and i'll come back to you guys with a similar problem of picking schools to attend :D

Last edited:
Oh wow I never thought of that, I'm OOS Indiana. how do I found out about this residency thing? there's nothing on the website unfortunately.

Call the financial aid office. Ask them if they will consider you for in state tuition after the first year. I think Uconn and UNC do this. If they do then DEFINITELY go to the Indiana interview.

You won't be able to become a resident at Indiana. That's what they said in the interview. Tuition is just as expensive as nyu's, the differience is the cost of living. NYU gave me a scholarship so I went with them instead of IU.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
such decision
much pre-dent
so NYU
wow