New Arizona School of Dentistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FunkDocta

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if people could tell me their opinions on the new school of dentistry at Arizona....I received a secondary app. and it sounded interesting, but I dont know much about them because they are new...also, I don't really want to be a guinea pig for a new class...

For those that want to hear my opinion, I went to the school's website and from everything I have received, it seems to be a program that is going to try a high-tech approach to learning...they also emphasize practicing around the area with underrepresented communities and they expect graduates of the school to eventually start free-clinic or community serving programs. Public health is a big issue for me and many others so it sounded appealing to me that they help so much with underrepresented communites.

Members don't see this ad.

Why don't you want to be a guinea pig for a new school? Because you'll be one of the few members of the first class, your opinions will be highly valued! You and your classmates will truly set the tone for the school.

I've spoken with the admin. office several times. They won't start interviewing until December, and the invitations will go out in November.

Public health is a huge issue for ASDOH, and of course, a masters degree in public health is awarded at graduation.

The tools will be new, the technology will be the best, and there will be lots of great experiences that first year. Sorry that I don't know more!

Wow, thanks. It's good to hear good feedback for Arizona because I would love to go there!

Good luck with your applications :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I know they would LIKE to see the students work in under-served areas but what if you move away and end up opening a practice somewhere else....

Well, I don't think it matters if you move away...they basically said that you are ENCOURAGED to...I'm pretty sure that it's not required.