1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

New DO applicant

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by SM-UCLA tech, Oct 12, 2002.

1. SM-UCLA tech

SM-UCLA tech CCOM MS4 soon OB/Gyn PGY1
    7+ Year Member

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if someone could help me with some questions that I have about the application process.
    I am applying to allopathic schools and recently came across a 4th year d.o. med student and a practicing d.o.........to make a long story short...I decided to apply to osteopathic schools also for this coming august....

I just sent in my application on friday 10/11......how late am I in the process? Will I be severely hampered?
    Is there an important difference in applying to osteopathic schools that I should be aware of?

Thank you for your help :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dim sum

dim sum Member
    7+ Year Member

it should be fine but you know Aacomas works exactly like Amcas so your chance might have been reduced compared to if you had applied in the summer. I applied in january (actually beat the deadline by a week) and got in to a D.O. school.

- Best of luck

4. maysqrd

maysqrd Go A's!
    7+ Year Member

Get your transcripts in ASAP. Ask them to be sent overnight, rush, whatever and pay the $$ for it if you have to. Getting the transcript in as early as you can will help some in getting through AACOMAS so that you aren't waiting for 2 months to find out that you don't have transcripts in yet.

5. Fenrezz

Fenrezz AT Stills Worst Nightmare
    7+ Year Member

Don't sweat it too much. My primary application was sent in October. My files weren't complete until January. Just make sure you get your secondaries out as soon as they come in. And make sure all transcripts are already in, as well as getting your LOR's sent. Your file won't be complete, and hence they won't make a decision to give you an interview, until everything is in your file at the school, so don't waste time.

Good luck!

6. SM-UCLA tech

SM-UCLA tech CCOM MS4 soon OB/Gyn PGY1
    7+ Year Member

do I have to send my transcripts to each school and to AACOMAS?

7. Fenrezz

Fenrezz AT Stills Worst Nightmare
    7+ Year Member

Just to AACOMAS right now. If you're accepted, that school will want you to send them official transcripts, but until then AACOMAS will send your transcripts to each of the schools you apply to.