New FDA approved drugs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

shroomysoup

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What are some interesting, new FDA-approved drugs to talk about? New meaning within the past 6 months or so.
 
The ones I can think of:
- Vimpat (lacosamide) for epilepsy
- Savella (milnacipran) for fibromyalgia
- Nucynta (tapentadol) for pain
- Nplate (whatever its generic name) for idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura
- Uloric (febuxostat) for gout

I am surprized that I could name five. I must not be that hopeless yet.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nplate is pretty neat. I looked that up a bit on my hem/onc rotation. Patient ended up not needing it tho
 
Eltrombopag (November 2008), romiplostim (August 2008).
 
I've heard rumors that on the FDA website that you can search for newly approved drugs...