New Grad Job Offers

Started by xraided
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

xraided

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those new grads that are currently applying to jobs. Are you applying to multiple jobs and entertaining offers recieved or are you guys signing on with whichever company offers you the job. I have recieved two job offers in SoCal with pretty nice bonuses, one hospital clinical position, one retail, however I want to keep looking and exploring every possible option. I did not have to even apply to the 2 places i have recieved offers from, fortunately for me I am bilingual and I live in an area where pharmacists will always be in demand, but i would like to relocate perhaps to Inland Empire. I kind of feel pressured taking one of the jobs since i went to school out of state and have moved back to california and have not worked in a couple of months, my intern savings are completely gone!
 
For those new grads that are currently applying to jobs. Are you applying to multiple jobs and entertaining offers recieved or are you guys signing on with whichever company offers you the job. I have recieved two job offers in SoCal with pretty nice bonuses, one hospital clinical position, one retail, however I want to keep looking and exploring every possible option. I did not have to even apply to the 2 places i have recieved offers from, fortunately for me I am bilingual and I live in an area where pharmacists will always be in demand, but i would like to relocate perhaps to Inland Empire. I kind of feel pressured taking one of the jobs since i went to school out of state and have moved back to california and have not worked in a couple of months, my intern savings are completely gone!

yeah?....and????? i thought u're not even licensed yet!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those new grads that are currently applying to jobs. Are you applying to multiple jobs and entertaining offers recieved or are you guys signing on with whichever company offers you the job. I have recieved two job offers in SoCal with pretty nice bonuses, one hospital clinical position, one retail, however I want to keep looking and exploring every possible option. I did not have to even apply to the 2 places i have recieved offers from, fortunately for me I am bilingual and I live in an area where pharmacists will always be in demand, but i would like to relocate perhaps to Inland Empire. I kind of feel pressured taking one of the jobs since i went to school out of state and have moved back to california and have not worked in a couple of months, my intern savings are completely gone!

Too much coffee today, huh?
 
for those idiots that had trouble figuring out what the point of the previous post was, "Those who have received job offers, are you expected to give your acceptance right away, or are they giving you a couple days to ponder it?
 
for those idiots that had trouble figuring out what the point of the previous post was, "Those who have received job offers, are you expected to give your acceptance right away, or are they giving you a couple days to ponder it?
Yay for you! You just called a bunch of people "idiots." And we wonder why people do not behave professionally...
 
for those idiots that had trouble figuring out what the point of the previous post was, "Those who have received job offers, are you expected to give your acceptance right away, or are they giving you a couple days to ponder it?

i think you might have left out a question mark in one of your original sentences , and that might have led people away from your point.

still, i agree, apparently they just dont make attention spans like they used to.
 
for those idiots that had trouble figuring out what the point of the previous post was, "Those who have received job offers, are you expected to give your acceptance right away, or are they giving you a couple days to ponder it?

accept it now if what you told us is true! good luck....Trust me, you're very lucky to get a job in So-Cal NOW!
 
You'll go far.

that's what i mean...i am still surprised that this person can land a clinical job right out of school in So-Cal area...with this attitude. Apparently, the place that hired him/her has not done a very good job in screening...(or desperately looking for one to fill position). Or maybe he/she has a very good connection...🙂 who knows.
 
For those new grads that are currently applying to jobs. Are you applying to multiple jobs and entertaining offers recieved or are you guys signing on with whichever company offers you the job. I have recieved two job offers in SoCal with pretty nice bonuses, one hospital clinical position, one retail, however I want to keep looking and exploring every possible option. I did not have to even apply to the 2 places i have recieved offers from, fortunately for me I am bilingual and I live in an area where pharmacists will always be in demand, but i would like to relocate perhaps to Inland Empire. I kind of feel pressured taking one of the jobs since i went to school out of state and have moved back to california and have not worked in a couple of months, my intern savings are completely gone!

I think this is one of my classmates... How's the beer brewing going?
 
listen, u are actually getting job offers when other grads are having trouble in even getting an interview. a clinical position out of school on the west coast? many would love to have your problem
 
NJAC,
I havent been brewing as much beer as i would want to be. Congrats! we are all officially done now! the hospital job is similar to what the pcaps do at work, with some anticoag shifts as well as some rotating staffing shifts, so its a good mix. I read a few of your posts so i kind of figured it was you. Some of the people posting on these forums remind me of the people whining and complaining from school; thank god, we dont have to deal with any of that any longer.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Replying to the OP:

I got my first job offer in October, but wasn't sure if I wanted to take it. The offer had an expiration date (do yours?) of 90 days. After interviewing with other companies and looking at 2 other offers, I decided to go with the first company for various reasons. I didn't actually except the job until late February, which was past the offer's expiration date. I feel pretty fortunate that they still honored their offer, but I'm glad that I waited to accept because I could do so knowing that I was making the right choice.
 
NJAC,
I havent been brewing as much beer as i would want to be. Congrats! we are all officially done now! the hospital job is similar to what the pcaps do at work, with some anticoag shifts as well as some rotating staffing shifts, so its a good mix. I read a few of your posts so i kind of figured it was you. Some of the people posting on these forums remind me of the people whining and complaining from school; thank god, we dont have to deal with any of that any longer.

we missed you last night! Anyway, like I said before, take the hospital job. It sounds like a gig similar to what we have at work anyway.
 
NJAC,
I havent been brewing as much beer as i would want to be. Congrats! we are all officially done now! the hospital job is similar to what the pcaps do at work, with some anticoag shifts as well as some rotating staffing shifts, so its a good mix. I read a few of your posts so i kind of figured it was you. Some of the people posting on these forums remind me of the people whining and complaining from school; thank god, we dont have to deal with any of that any longer.

the hospital job sounds like a good position. May I ask if you did residency? How is the hospital pay now compared to retail since you got offers from both? I'm very curious!