New Haven?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdmphlady

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
New Haven: I have not heard that many good things about it.
New York: great big city!

$$$$: Yale

Name:Yale

I am not sure if I should go to Columbia, but at this time i cannot justify paying $10,000 more a year.

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I would say that the money will be well worth it, but then again, it's what YOU make of the experience, education, opportunities, etc.

I decided to attend Yale but it wasn't an easy decision. In the end, ask yourself where you can see yourself happiest and where you can grow and learn. For me, that place is Yale. I've had the best conversations with Yale alumni, professors, and current students, and it just feels right. But what feels right for me can be different for you and everyone else.

Good luck with your decision~! :luck:

p.s. If you need to speak to anyone, then feel free to reach out to professors and I'm sure that they will connect you to alumni who went through the same process. I certainly did that and it was extremely helpful.

It's definitely good to go with what "feels right". You will be much happier and more productive in the long run if you can feel comfortable in your niche.

Members don't see this ad :)
New Haven: I have not heard that many good things about it.
New York: great big city!

$$$$: Yale

Name:Yale

I am not sure if I should go to Columbia, but at this time i cannot justify paying $10,000 more a year.

Thoughts?

I think Yale and Columbia pack the same punch in terms of "name." One could argue more in favor of Columbia considering Presbyterian Hospital and the College of Surgeons and Physicians are so well known.

I agree with everyone else, though. Go where you feel the most comfortable and where you feel the program best suits your interests. Both are great institutions and "names" to choose from.

I totally agree with everyone on following your instincts, but I just want to make sure you know that the Mailman School is in a different location than the rest of the campus and its not exactly the nicest area. I love NY like crazy but if I am going to be spending two years there I want to feel safe. I was in the process of applying there when I got to visit the campus and decided against applying because of the location.