New IL Sexual Harrassment CE Required?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BidingMyTime

Lost Shaker Of Salt
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I heard through the grapevine that IL is now requiring 1 CE each renewal period in sexual harrassment prevention. My boss doesn't know about this, and I haven't been able to find anything "official" on-line. Does anyone know about this and what the exact requirement is? IE, is this rumor I heard correct, if so, is the 1 hr CE in addition to the 30hr CE required making it 31 CE or is it part of the 30 hr CE and where does one fine sexual harrassment CE, as I've never seen this offered. Also, I assume if this is true, it is for the next renewal period in 2022?....I just renewed my license last week for 2020 and it only asked me if I met the CE requirements (which I said yes, because I did....unless this new sexual harrassment CE was required this period?)

Members don't see this ad.

It’s one credit hour of CE for the 2020 renewal period. I don’t know how that affects the totals though (30 vs 31 hours)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I did the CE through Pro CE since I'm and ICHP member and they gave us a code.

There is also another CE from netCE that fulfills this requirement.

Here are the official details.

I have an Illinois license (just renewed it a few days ago!) and hadn't heard or seen anything about that. I think the "requirement" thing came from the title of the CE itself.

I have an Illinois license (just renewed it a few days ago!) and hadn't heard or seen anything about that. I think the "requirement" thing came from the title of the CE itself.
It's real. Our techs have to do it also.
It's silly and really fast at least.

Sent from my SM-G973U using SDN mobile

This reminds me of the new Texas law that passed requiring all professional license holders to do an hour of CE over human trafficking. Thanks TSBP for more nonsense paperwork to add to my load. I really appreciate it!

Reactions: 1 user
We do 50 CME every year and:
Effective Jan. 1, 2019 New CME requirements. Illinois physicians will be required to complete at least one hour of sexual harassment prevention CME to renew in 2020. And because controlled substance licenses must be renewed at the same time, you’ll also need to complete three hours of opioid prescribing coursework before that renewal as well. NOTE: The Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR) has not yet set the rules for fulfilling these educational requirements. ISMIE News will share those details as soon as they’re released.
https://www.ismie.com/News-and-Publications/Publications/ISMIE-News/2018/0904/0904/

Thank you for netce. Everything is so much cheaper than Im used to. I usually pay 60-100 per cme. Very appreciative.

wow - glad I saw this - I need to renew my Il license - doing the PL one now

I just choose free CEs through Power-Pak, unless I have to do a paid one, and those are $6.97 each.