Quantcast

NEW MCAT PREP 2016 KHAN ACADEMY?

Travel to Ghana on the Ultimate Med Immersion
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Flower70954

Reaction score
Thoughts? Is it good? Anyone use it? It's free and my budget is low.

rukid95

Reaction score
I used it for psych. It was better than the Kaplan book imo. For the other subjects, I am sure its fine but going through all the videos will probably take a LONG time.. Try to find someone selling the books used and for a low price is my suggestion.

Reactions: 1 user

starspells

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Khan's is great for content review. I would still recommend investing in the AAMC materials. I think you might get them for free if you qualify for FAP.

Reactions: 1 user

BYUCougar2011

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would suggest the following three as the most important study tools. I scored a 522 and used these as the core of my studying:
(1) AAMC Practice Materials. $200 for their MCAT package. Practice questions produced by the same people who wrote the test!
(2) Khan Academy. Free and very useful for reviewing all the material very quickly. I watched every video at 2x the speed within a month of my exam.
(3) Kaplan 7-book series. Great for getting the overall content down.

Don't rely on just one method for your prep. It is important to use a variety of resources. If you need structure, then I would suggest hiring a private tutor rather than using a prep company. You can find freelance tutors for a quarter of what test prep companies charge for private tutoring. I am sure there are many other tutors out there as well! Best of luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Doggo

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would suggest the following three as the most important study tools. I scored a 522 and used these as the core of my studying:
(1) AAMC Practice Materials. $200 for their MCAT package. Practice questions produced by the same people who wrote the test!
(2) Khan Academy. Free and very useful for reviewing all the material very quickly. I watched every video at 2x the speed within a month of my exam.
(3) Kaplan 7-book series. Great for getting the overall content down.

Don't rely on just one method for your prep. It is important to use a variety of resources. If you need structure, then I would suggest hiring a private tutor rather than using a prep company. You can find freelance tutors for a quarter of what test prep companies charge for private tutoring. For instance, I tutor from MCATSelfPrep.com. I am sure there are many other tutors out there as well! Best of luck!

This is exactly what I did for 1 month and I got a pretty nice score too.

Khan's passage questions were a little harder than the real deal but I guess it's always better to be over prepared.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:

HarryPotterLostInNarnia

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, anything is better than nothing. I used Khan for behavioral videos and some extra practice on verbal passages. Find out what you need, and look for resources, I'm sure you'll find a bunch from Khan.

Dagrimsta1

Current Representation of MS-4
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any money you spent should be spent on AAMC materials minimum! They are gold and will best prepare you. Khan is a fantastic supplement. It is very time consuming but effective if done correctly. If you have extra money, I highly recommend getting practice exams. They will help build stamina and endurance.