New MCAT Score Update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

USCTrojan11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question

I was verified on 9/2 took the MCAT on 9/3. Would updating my AMCAS be detrimental since they won't review my complete files until after the score is received? Also, would this cause me to be screened out or put on hold until I have my new MCAT score? My other score was a 31R (12-10-9). Thanks for the advice!

Members don't see this ad.

What are you updating for? New email address? Adding additional schools?

Update your AMCAS, can't hurt. Schools that screen and don't like your first MCAT will wait to see your new one, otherwise, you can be working on secondaries until your new score comes out. At schools that don't screen, they'll know to wait for your new score if you indicated on your primary that you were taking another exam. But they can still send you the secondary.

What are you updating for? New email address? Adding additional schools?

Update your AMCAS, can't hurt. Schools that screen and don't like your first MCAT will wait to see your new one, otherwise, you can be working on secondaries until your new score comes out. At schools that don't screen, they'll know to wait for your new score if you indicated on your primary that you were taking another exam. But they can still send you the secondary.

I'm asking if I should list that I took the 9/3 exam in the primary or not?

Members don't see this ad :)

YES!! That way the schools know to expect your other score.

Fight On!:p (too bad there's no fight on symbol)

YES!! That way the schools know to expect your other score.

Fight On!:p (too bad there's no fight on symbol)

AGREED GO MAKE THAT UPDATE RIGHT NOW! Sorry, I didn't quite understand that was the question from your op.

I think you are obligated to tell them that you took the MCAT on 9/3, and that to do otherwise, it looks a little suspicious, kind of like you are trying to game the system.:uhno:
This question has come up before, from time to time, on sdn--so I'm sure that other students/schools and such have considered the concept of NOT divulging that you retook the MCAT in order to have your primary reviewed sooner, in general, the advice is to be above board at all times. Also some secondaries clearly ask the candidate if they plan to retake the MCAT. Don't risk being haunted that someone might take you to task on this, that could be really bad.:eek:
That's just my opinion on it and I'm certainly no expert, so take it for what it's worth. Best of wishes with your recent retake of the MCAT :xf::luck:

I think you are obligated to tell them that you took the MCAT on 9/3, and that to do otherwise, it looks a little suspicious, kind of like you are trying to game the system.:uhno:
This question has come up before, from time to time, on sdn--so I'm sure that other students/schools and such have considered the concept of NOT divulging that you retook the MCAT in order to have your primary reviewed sooner, in general, the advice is to be above board at all times. Also some secondaries clearly ask the candidate if they plan to retake the MCAT. Don't risk being haunted that someone might take you to task on this, that could be really bad.:eek:
That's just my opinion on it and I'm certainly no expert, so take it for what it's worth. Best of wishes with your recent retake of the MCAT :xf::luck:

Already changed and done. I was never trying to game the system, was only trying to prevent myself from being put at disadvantage if they delayed my app for the new scores.

Already changed and done. I was never trying to game the system, was only trying to prevent myself from being put at disadvantage if they delayed my app for the new scores.

Certainly, I understand where you are coming from, totally. Good for taking care of that :thumbup: and wishing you the best with your new scores when they come in. :xf: