You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
New medical school bridge program (graduate)
Started by radian313
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anyone heard anything?
I got a call Monday from admissions asking if I had my mcat scores since I left it blank on the app (I just took it 4/20), so I think mines on hold till I get my scores. They at least told me my app looks favorable so far!
Good luck!!I got a call Monday from admissions asking if I had my mcat scores since I left it blank on the app (I just took it 4/20), so I think mines on hold till I get my scores. They at least told me my app looks favorable so far!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, for those who got accepted was your acceptance letter on the portal or did they send it to you? Also did it say you were “conditionally accepted”?
got an email and physical letter in the mail not sure if it said conditionalHey guys, for those who got accepted was your acceptance letter on the portal or did they send it to you? Also did it say you were “conditionally accepted”?
I'm not a numbers guy, but I would like to know how many programs offer a 495< MCAT program. My state MD school and DO school have similar programs. Anyways, congrats on acceptances/future acceptances!
Only ones I know of with guaranteed acceptance are vcom and here. But just to clarify those are 495 or higher so you could have a 495 as well not just greater than 495I'm not a numbers guy, but I would like to know how many programs offer a 495< MCAT program. My state MD school and DO school have similar programs. Anyways, congrats on acceptances/future acceptances!
Congrats!!!ACCEPTED!!!! Found out on the application portal... 🙂
Do you guys know if we don’t come in with the 495 mcat can we take it the following year and still be guaranteed an acceptance? Or would we need to have the 495 before matriculation to the masters?
Thank you! I don't believe so. They offer a mcat prep course in the Fall semester so I wouldn't see why they wouldn't be guaranteed an acceptance after completion of the course and retake.Do you guys know if we don’t come in with the 495 mcat can we take it the following year and still be guaranteed an acceptance? Or would we need to have the 495 before matriculation to the masters?
Hey guys, anyone on here from West Virginia or anyone who went to west liberty uni? Was wondering if you can speak about the atmosphere, academics, etc at wlu.
Hey, CheeseHead321! You just have to attain the MCAT score by March or April 2019...obvs if you matriculate Aug 2018. I did confirm this with Sara, and it is also mentioned on the website, which you can refer yourself. Also...to address your Q about WLU, I just DMed someone on SDN who goes to WVSOM who knows a lil about WLU...he said he absolutely loved it and would do it all over again if he had the chance. He matched Emergency Med, which was his first match. He also said WVSOM prepared him super well. He said both cities are small, but he loved the amount of opportunities he was able to obtain. He also said if you're into nature, you'll love it because there's tons of trails, scenery, etc. Other than that, he doesn't know much about WLU, though. More so WVSOM, obvs. Also @jdrd1030: Congratulations!!! How long did it take you to hear back from the date you submitted?Do you guys know if we don’t come in with the 495 mcat can we take it the following year and still be guaranteed an acceptance? Or would we need to have the 495 before matriculation to the masters?
Hey, I heard back in 2 weeks I believe.Hey, CheeseHead321! You just have to attain the MCAT score by March or April 2019...obvs if you matriculate Aug 2018. I did confirm this with Sara, and it is also mentioned on the website, which you can refer yourself. Also...to address your Q about WLU, I just DMed someone on SDN who goes to WVSOM who knows a lil about WLU...he said he absolutely loved it and would do it all over again if he had the chance. He matched Emergency Med, which was his first match. He also said WVSOM prepared him super well. He said both cities are small, but he loved the amount of opportunities he was able to obtain. He also said if you're into nature, you'll love it because there's tons of trails, scenery, etc. Other than that, he doesn't know much about WLU, though. More so WVSOM, obvs. Also @jdrd1030: Congratulations!!! How long did it take you to hear back from the date you submitted?
Hey guys, for those who plan on attending this program where are you planning on living? Any one looking for a roommate?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My general question is conpetetiveness of this program. From the website it looks like you need to apply by June 1st, but when would it be advisable to apply by for best chance of acceptance?
Also is this generally a program if you meet the requirements you're in, or is there low acceptance rate?
Also is this generally a program if you meet the requirements you're in, or is there low acceptance rate?
Side note someone asked about instate vs out of state tution.
wvsom.edu/admissions/wvsom-bridge-program
...can't post a link yet.
It appears your residency status as an applicant to west liberty, would follow you throughout COM. Yikes!
wvsom.edu/admissions/wvsom-bridge-program
...can't post a link yet.
It appears your residency status as an applicant to west liberty, would follow you throughout COM. Yikes!
It' a conditional acceptance because we have to interview with WVSOM late June before the program starts.Just got my acceptance letter today! Applied early April. It says conditional acceptance but I’m assuming that’s because my mcat scores aren’t released until 5/22
Where does it say thatIt' a conditional acceptance because we have to interview with WVSOM late June before the program starts.
Are you referring to this upcoming cycle? Apply before the deadline, this is the first year. Idk if the seats are filled yet, I don't believe so. If you'e referring to next year, SDN always say apply early.My general question is conpetetiveness of this program. From the website it looks like you need to apply by June 1st, but when would it be advisable to apply by for best chance of acceptance?
Also is this generally a program if you meet the requirements you're in, or is there low acceptance rate?
It's the pre matriculation interview. Basically everyone accepted in the masters will have to interview with the medical school.(the real deal interview not for the masters). So, we are having our interviews early instead of later like normal applicants. This was told to me by admissionsWhere does it say that
Do we know how many people they plan on accepting into the masters? Also for those who are accepted would you guys want to make a Facebook group?
I assume this is more of a formality than anything? Like you’d have to absolutely bomb the interview to not get inIt's the pre matriculation interview. Basically everyone accepted in the masters will have to interview with the medical school.(the real deal interview not for the masters). So, we are having our interviews early instead of later like normal applicants. This was told to me by admissions
So do we have to get there before the first day of classes or on a different date I was accepted and was never told or saw anything on the website about thisIt's the pre matriculation interview. Basically everyone accepted in the masters will have to interview with the medical school.(the real deal interview not for the masters). So, we are having our interviews early instead of later like normal applicants. This was told to me by admissions
EDIT: i see on the website it says pre mat interview but no other information about it will have to call i guess
Last edited:
Do we know how many people they plan on accepting into the masters? Also for those who are accepted would you guys want to make a Facebook group?
Look up "WLU & WVSOM BP". Add yourselves!
Last edited:
No they didnt say. Unless someone has called and asked. Facebook group sounds good..Do we know how many people they plan on accepting into the masters? Also for those who are accepted would you guys want to make a Facebook group?
I suppose so.I assume this is more of a formality than anything? Like you’d have to absolutely bomb the interview to not get in
So do we have to get there before the first day of classes or on a different date I was accepted and was never told or saw anything on the website about this
EDIT: i see on the website it says pre mat interview but no other information about it will have to call i guess
I wouldn't say go down to stay but rather plan to take a day trip for the interview. That's what WVSOM admissions said to me.
D
deleted480308
But you’re actually none of those students, right?I have never explicitly stated I was a DO student. I could be an MD student who goes to a school with classes taught side by side with DOs, I could be a Dental student, I could just be some dude (or dudette) on the Internet
You don’t have to take my advice if you don’t want to. It’s your life boo, u do u.
As in you’re prehealth and always have been...which is fine but there is no reason to say it in a misleading way
Do you guys think this group should only be for those who got accepted? That way we can continue to use it throughout the year. What does everyone think?Made an FB group. Add yourselves. Look up "WLU & WVSOM BP"
Yes, accepted studentsDo you guys think this group should only be for those who got accepted? That way we can continue to use it throughout the year. What does everyone think?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
All accepted students go add the Facebook page. Log into Facebook | Facebook
That's great. You're set!just got my MCAT scores this morning. 515 126/127/130/132 pumped!
This may be a little late, but I just wanted to let y’all know I’m less than an hour from West Lib so I know the area pretty well. I also took a few classes there and know almost all of the bio faculty. If anyone has questions, just let me know. I’m thinking about applying to the program this coming cycle. Congrats on the acceptances! 🙂
This may be a little late, but I just wanted to let y’all know I’m less than an hour from West Lib so I know the area pretty well. I also took a few classes there and know almost all of the bio faculty. If anyone has questions, just let me know. I’m thinking about applying to the program this coming cycle. Congrats on the acceptances! 🙂
Can I pm you?
It's not allowing me to pm youYou’re more than welcome! 🙂
Hi! do you know of any good apartments not too far from the West Liberty University? I am looking for a 1 bedroom apartment. Honestly, I rather not have any room mateThis may be a little late, but I just wanted to let y’all know I’m less than an hour from West Lib so I know the area pretty well. I also took a few classes there and know almost all of the bio faculty. If anyone has questions, just let me know. I’m thinking about applying to the program this coming cycle. Congrats on the acceptances! 🙂
Hi! do you know of any good apartments not too far from the West Liberty University? I am looking for a 1 bedroom apartment. Honestly, I rather not have any room mate
There’s not a lot of apartments at West Liberty. I would try looking for some in Wheeling because that’s a bigger city not too far from West Lib.
In the same boat here. My friend's sister attends here but she says its smarter to live on campus especially for the year. Wheeling is a bit of a drive from the campus, if you're ok with that. She basically told me most amenities take about a 10 min drive or more.Hi! do you know of any good apartments not too far from the West Liberty University? I am looking for a 1 bedroom apartment. Honestly, I rather not have any room mate
In the same boat here. My friend's sister attends here but she says its smarter to live on campus especially for the year. Wheeling is a bit of a drive from the campus, if you're ok with that. She basically told me most amenities take about a 10 min drive or more.
The drive is horrid if you don’t live on campus. The campus is on a huge hill in what seems like the middle of nowhere lol. I wasn’t a big fan of dorms so I just commuted.
Did you live in wheeling? Classes start at 9 am pretty much everyday so I don't want to go through that early morning commute. I have been through that for too many years lol.The drive is horrid if you don’t live on campus. The campus is on a huge hill in what seems like the middle of nowhere lol. I wasn’t a big fan of dorms so I just commuted.
Did you live in wheeling? Classes start at 9 am pretty much everyday so I don't want to go through that early morning commute. I have been through that for too many years lol.
No, I live about 40-45 minutes from Wheeling. It was about an hour commute for me when I went there. I’m probably going to find a place in the Wheeling area if I get accepted this coming cycle.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's not allowing me to pm you
It's not allowing me to pm you
I just now saw this, sorry! I’ll try to message you first then!
Hey everyone, I was told the same thing. As @DocPickleRick stated, the drive is absolutely horrid and during the winter it’s even worse, so being on campus is best. If anyone is interested DM me regarding on campus housing that’s available!
Just a little update for those looking for housing on-campus. I talked to a rep that basically said all single rooms are taken. There is an apartment that is available to room with 4 people. Each gets their own bedroom but there’s 2 baths. It’s co-ed so it can be males and females. If any female is interested dm me!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 902
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 2K