New member! What are my chances? Thanks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2Bdentist13

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I've applied for the 09 cycle. I've already submlitted my AADSAS application. My major is Biology. After my gpa varification, my overall gpa kind of went down, since 2 of my D's in elective classes did not get replaced by the repeated A's. But this is what it is:

BCP: 2.97
Sciences: 3.06
Non-sciences: 3.47
Overall: 3.23

I'm planning on taking my DAT on the first week of July. I've applied to the following schools:

NYU
VCU
Howard
Boston
Temple
Maryland
New Jersy
Tufts

Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I've applied for the 09 cycle. I've already submlitted my AADSAS application. My major is Biology. After my gpa varification, my overall gpa kind of went down, since 2 of my D's in elective classes did not get replaced by the repeated A's. But this is what it is:

BCP: 2.97
Sciences: 3.06
Non-sciences: 3.47
Overall: 3.23

I'm planning on taking my DAT on the first week of July. I've applied to the following schools:

NYU
VCU
Howard
Boston
Temple
Maryland
New Jersy
Tufts

Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks!

Well, your overall GPA is decent (albeit on the low side), although your BCP GPA is going to be a drawback, I think. However, this can be made up with a good DAT, so do well on the test and you should be good to go. Good luck.

Thank you! How well do you think I need to do on the DAT? What should I consider the base line?
Thank again...

Members don't see this ad :)
you need a 20 or better to be on the safe side with your GPA...good luck

Good luck. 20s will give you the best shot but it is by no means a guarantee.

Your BCP was similar to mine. If you earn a decent score (+20AA), excellent letters of recommendation, and have a well written personal statement, who knows - someone might take a chance on you. I barely squeaked my way in - no reason why you can't.