New Mexico MS IV Disaster Medicine Elective

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hawk22

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Received this email today and thought I would pass it along to any fourth year students interested in a disaster medicine elective. Looks pretty good to me......

http://hsc.unm.edu/EMERMED/UNMStudentWebsite/DisasterMedElective.shtml

The University of New Mexico is offering a 4 week rotation in October called Disaster Medicine and Emergency Medicine under Austere Conditions. We offer experiences and training related to DMAT teams, US&R and Confined Space Medicine, Public Heath Emergencies, Wilderness Medicine, International Medicine and Emergency Medicine at UNM (which some might consider Emergency Medicine under austere conditions ;-) )

We offer certification in ACLS, ADLS, and FEMA IST courses as well as drills with NM TF-1's canine search team, the Albuquerque SWAT team, the Sandia Wilderness Search and Rescue Team, ride alongs with EMS, flights with our fixed wing critical care transport teams, and Pandemic Influenza table top exercises.

If you or any students have questions, you are welcome to email me at [email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

I wish I knew about this last year...sounds fun.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah...this is basically what I want to do with my entire career (do you think I can get a 30 year "rotation" there)