New minimum HPSA score for scholars

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smq123

John William Waterhouse
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As an FYI, I was told at the NHSC conference today that the new minimum HPSA score for scholars went DOWN, from 17 to 16. I'm surprised .... I never thought that they'd ever lower it.

Pass it on!

Members don't see this ad.

If you had said they changed it from 17 back to 14 that would make a huge difference in the number of sites. Going from 17 to 16 wont add any more OB sites.

If you had said they changed it from 17 back to 14 that would make a huge difference in the number of sites. Going from 17 to 16 wont add any more OB sites.

The OB scholars at the conference seemed happy - any change is better than staying at 17.

A lot of people did say that they felt like it opened up quite a few more spots. I guess I'm just shocked that the NHSC lowered it at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Bumping to get an update. As of today, is the minimum qualifying HPSA score still at 16? I'm thinking of attending the recruiting conference later this year and want to make sure my site would actually qualify.