New Signaling Feature - do you get 6 with dual application?

Started by obrads
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

obrads

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know- with the new signaling feature on ERAS, if you dual apply can you signal 3 programs from each specialty, or three total? I cannot seem to find this info anywhere. I kind of assume you can signal 3 each. Really hoping thats true.
Thanks- OMS3
 
So I just tested it out on mine. Seems to be per specialty you're applying, and each specialty has a specified number of programs to signal. Most seem to have 3-6, whereas OB-GYN has 18 and ortho has up to 30 (!)
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You get the signals in each field you apply to. Dual apply IM and Psych you get 5 signals for both (or whatever the actual number is idk)
 
Totally dependent on the specialty. I am applying IM and there are 7. And some residency programs are not using it- I noticed that when I couldn't find one on the drop down list. I think if you search ERAS signals for your IM program, there is a page on aamc I believe where you can find out if a program is taking signals or not. Some take signals in one specialty and not the other.