New Step 1: Info, Score Release, & Discussion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Guero

2QT2Bcis Plaidapus
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As some of you already know, the NBME recently instituted some simple formatting additions to Step 1 and reduced the maximum number of questions for each block to 40 (without reducing the 1 hour time limit). This also means that anyone sitting for Step 1 during the phase-in process between May 7th through late June will wait longer than the typical 4 weeks to receive scores, currently projected to release no later than July 13th.

I figured I'd start a thread to discuss these changes and to allow those of us testing within the provisional period to update each other on score releases as they become available. As for the discussion, I presume the effect of the question reduction will mainly be replacing smaller, discrete questions with longer vignette questions. So this might be more of a test date --> score receipt date thread. Either way, good luck!

EDIT: I found and added the link to the content announcement.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
No. Supposedly at 9am (eastern time) is when normally you get the email notifying the result is ready

My results area has changed and now has "order result recheck." It's not showing the results yet. But I'm anticipating that they should be in today!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
It's honestly inexcusable for them to be so pathetic at reporting results in a reasonable time period.

Reactions: 1 user
The NBME page still doesnt have the actual score displayed, but my school had our scores up so maybe try there? I took mine 6/16

As some of you already know, the NBME recently instituted some simple formatting additions to Step 1 and reduced the maximum number of questions for each block to 40 (without reducing the 1 hour time limit). This also means that anyone sitting for Step 1 during the phase-in process between May 7th through late June will wait longer than the typical 4 weeks to receive scores, currently projected to release no later than July 13th.

I figured I'd start a thread to discuss these changes and to allow those of us testing within the provisional period to update each other on score releases as they become available. As for the discussion, I presume the effect of the question reduction will mainly be replacing smaller, discrete questions with longer vignette questions. So this might be more of a test date --> score receipt date thread. Either way, good luck!

EDIT: I found and added the link to the content announcement.

I took my exam on July 13th 2016, a Wed. Any idea if tomorrow would be the big day? Or should I expect to wait another week...