I'm a graduating PGY3 and planning on working locum tenens for a few years after graduation, and I've come across some questions, mostly financial. Any help would be greatly appreciated. For reference, I am currently in Arizona but hoping to work in a number of states and abroad. I have no dependents and am planning on medium-term (3-6 month) placements in FM, UC, inpatient, ER or a combination of all the above.
- Any preferred sources of information that are more specific than SDN?
- S-Corp or LLC
- Preferred retirement savings strategy
- Any recommendations for health insurance if I will be in various states?
- Recommendations for car insurance if I plan to depend entirely on rentals provided by the locums agencies and will not be keeping my own car or the current insurance plan on it?
- Umbrella liability policies that do not require you to have homeowners or car insurance with the company?
- Any major pitfalls that you can warn a newbie about?