I

itsallgood19

Hi everyone:

I recently decided on trying to pursue a career as a PT. I am going into my junior year as a bio major. I am wondering if there is a doc/pdf/excel out there that will provide the gpa and pre-reqs for each PT school out there, so it is easy to compare and contrast - is there such kind of a master list out there or perhaps a book on PT school admissions?

Any help would be highly appreciated thank you.

CherokeeWahine

7+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2011
Status
Physical Therapist
http://www.ptcas.org/PTCAS_Courses_2011_12_FINAL_forApplicants.pdf

These are the program prereqs for application year 2011-2012, so keep in mind that things may change for whenever you apply.

If you have specific questions about a particular program (example: does XYZ school accept AP scores; does ABC school accept dev. psych instead of abn. psych, etc...), it's always best to ask the school directly.

To find out average GPAs for accepted applicants for a particular program, visit PTCAS.org and check out the directory of programs, or check the school's website.

Good luck!

Last edited:
OP
I

itsallgood19

thank you so much for this it's so helpful...i have another question: what does the pre-req gpa include (is it the same for med like bio, phy, chem, and math) or does it include social sciences (like psy)...

OP
I

itsallgood19

and what is the significance of the last - 60 credits or something? do you schools look at these with more emphasis?

CherokeeWahine

7+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2011
Status
Physical Therapist
thank you so much for this it's so helpful...i have another question: what does the pre-req gpa include (is it the same for med like bio, phy, chem, and math) or does it include social sciences (like psy)...
Pre-req GPA is *typically* bio 1+2+labs, chem 1+2+labs, physics 1+2+labs, A+P 1+2+labs, psych (usually gen psych + one other), and statistics. However, this depends on the school, because not every school has the exact same prerequisite requirements.

And it also depends on the program for last 60 credits GPA. Some schools emphasize it, some don't. Check with the programs that you plan on applying to.

Major thing is: do your research and really learn about the programs you're interested well before you apply.