New to the pre-dentistry world

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Fururedentist_ithink

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey!
So graduated highschool may 2015 and I ultimately decided to take a gap year in between college, I did this because honestly I had/have no clue on what I would like to study, but I recently made up my mind to go to school to become a dentist. I know I must obtain my bachelors of science before applying to dental schools. But can anyone who's in dental school or recently graduated fill me in on what to expect in dental school.?
 
Worry about surviving college first before you even begin to think about life in dental school. Just my 2 cents.

Well That's my plan but I don't see anything wrong with having questions about dental school. I want to know what dental school is like so I can better prepare myself for what's to come.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Year 1 + 2: Lots of basic sciences. Lots of hard work.
Year 3+ 4: Lots of clinic. Lots of hard work.

Different schools may have slightly different curricula depending on when they take Part 1 of the boards, but that's the general trend.
 
Well That's my plan but I don't see anything wrong with having questions about dental school. I want to know what dental school is like so I can better prepare myself for what's to come.
SERIOUSLY, good for you. That's what I'm trying to figure out myself. Thank you for posting this post. It's not a bad thing to plan ahead, and prepare yourself for your future.
 
Worry about gpa and dats. That's prob what holds most people back. Don't slip and make sure you learn your fundamentals in gen Chem orgo and bio you'll save yourself a lot of trouble if live gets in the way hahaha especially 80k debt for a masters program like I did myself!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app