New Total Rewards 2020 benefits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Whereismynorco

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
what do u guys think about that?

Members don't see this ad.

So what I see as the big bullet points

Vanguard is giving us more investing options
There will be a new "compensation framework", however there will be no reduction in pay for anyone
There will be an increased company paid subsidy of medical plans over the next two years
There will be compensation-based contributions. CVS is getting communist with it and making higher paid workers pay more for premiums, I guess.
Aetna Dental to replace Delta Dental
Aetna Vision to replace VSP
HSA is going from ConnectYourCare to Payflex (which is, you guessed it, run by Aetna)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Payflex worked very good for me in the past and the mobile app was legit. Easiest HSA I've used actually.

Someone said something about the company going to 10 days of holidays per year and an increase in vacation time. I wonder how they will pay for it or balance it all out. This is the company that has been cutting benefits for years. No more time and half for holidays, no equity grants or stock options, reduced ESPP discount, increased insurance cost, no overnight differential, no staff incentive, no overlap etc.

I could see this company wanting to do the right thing for its employees, but their European manager competitor slashes and so they respond likewise.

How many days off including vacation, sick, holiday, etc does a CVS retail pharmacist get per year?

How many days off including vacation, sick, holiday, etc does a CVS retail pharmacist get per year?

Vacation time varies based on time of service and status, PT vs FT.
No increase in paid holidays - 6 company paid Holidays and 4 floating Holidays, which are the 10 existing PH.
Sick time - 32 hours

So what I see as the big bullet points

Vanguard is giving us more investing options
There will be a new "compensation framework", however there will be no reduction in pay for anyone
There will be an increased company paid subsidy of medical plans over the next two years
There will be compensation-based contributions. CVS is getting communist with it and making higher paid workers pay more for premiums, I guess.
Aetna Dental to replace Delta Dental
Aetna Vision to replace VSP
HSA is going from ConnectYourCare to Payflex (which is, you guessed it, run by Aetna)

How much raise and bonus am I getting next year? Just curious!!

Vacation time varies based on time of service and status, PT vs FT.
No increase in paid holidays - 6 company paid Holidays and 4 floating Holidays, which are the 10 existing PH.
Sick time - 32 hours

We only got 3 floating holidays this year. Is your fourth something state specific?

Where I am, we only get 6 paid holidays plus 2 floating. As for vacation, I currently get 4 weeks x base hours after 14 years of service.

I am interested to see how much my health insurance goes up, I'm sure my techs will be happy that theirs will probably go down.

Reactions: 1 users
Where I am, we only get 6 paid holidays plus 2 floating. As for vacation, I currently get 4 weeks x base hours after 14 years of service.

I am interested to see how much my health insurance goes up, I'm sure my techs will be happy that theirs will probably go down.
They own the damn insurance companies. Literally every one in the plan. Caremark, Aetna Medical, Aetna Vision, Aetna Dental. It better be affordable.

Reactions: 1 user
They own the damn insurance companies. Literally every one in the plan. Caremark, Aetna Medical, Aetna Vision, Aetna Dental. It better be affordable.

That's like saying they should stop cutting tech hours after benefitting from corporate tax cuts.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone gotten any more concrete info on this? I have heard rumors of vacation/holiday/sick increases but nothing for sure.