New UCSF dental student blog

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

piccolo2385

Fake News Junkie
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know that I've recently started writing a blog of my life as a UCSF dental student, something you might be interested in checking out if you want to know what dental school is like and especially if you're interested in applying for UCSF. I'll do my best to discuss different aspects of dental school as I see fit and will also try to address any comments/questions you may leave behind in a timely fashion. I'm sure I don't need to remind you, but since my schedule will be packed and my time pretty limited, I won't always be able to respond as early as you might like, but I'll try to answer, especially if several of you bring up the same concern. Since I'm a first year, I'm still very familiar with the whole interviewing/application process and went to several this past year, so feel free to ask me about that as well.

While I know this probably won't interest the majority of you, I'm also pursuing a PhD (doing the joint degree program), so if you're interested in getting another degree, particularly an MS, PhD or even MBA, I can probably field questions in that domain. Just so you know, I definitely plan on specializing and am currently looking at oral surgery, oral pathology and periodontics as options.

Thanks for your time and I wish you all the best of luck in your applications and interviews,

Jeremy

Members don't see this ad.

thanks for willing to share your experience to us :)
anyway, how did u prepare for the ucsf interview?? was the interview more laid back or kinda tense??
any input will be greatly appreciated ! :)
once again, thanks a lot

Hey omg,

As with most interviews I did, I started by studying the school's background, either by reading the brochures they regularly send out or by exploring the website, looking at different aspects such as research programs, internship/residency programs and of course the general statistics of past classes. If you've done research in the past, make sure you can field any questions they might ask about it (and they will ask).

On the whole, I thought the UCSF interview was a bit tougher because of the point system they use and the fact that they ask you a certain number of questions (at least last year they did), but the students/professors conducting them were all very nice and not intimidating. As long as you answer the questions honestly and thoroughly, though (really a no-brainer I would think), you'll do just fine.

Feel free to ask if you have any more questions. Hope this helps.

Hi Jeremy,

What made you choose UCSF over the other schools that you got in?

I am particularly interested in your comment on UCLA :laugh:

Thanks!