New User.....Need Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MoThuggy

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am new to this forum, and its looks like the people on this forum are very helpful and knowledgeble. I had a couple of questions for you guys. I am a sophmore attending a community college in Illinois. I want to major in psychology and apply to a dental school. My questions are:
1) Does going to a community college for the first two years of your undegrad study hurt your chances of being a competitive applicant?
2) What kind of a GPA and DAT score would be recommended to get into Southern Illinois University if i am an illinois resident?
3) Is psychology a good major for a pre dental student?
4) And if you guys have any other additional advice to give me, i would greatly apprecite it!

Thanks so much for your help guys!
Mo

Members don't see this ad.

1) Does going to a community college for the first two years of your undegrad study hurt your chances of being a competitive applicant?

A: No, but keep in mind dental schools will only accept x amount of community college credits towards their admissions requirement. How many? Check with individual schools.

2) What kind of a GPA and DAT score would be recommended to get into Southern Illinois University if i am an illinois resident?

A: Contact SIU dental school or look at their web site.

3) Is psychology a good major for a pre dental student?

A: Any major is good for a pre-dental student. A science major will work to your own benefit because you'll have the background once you start dental school. I have some classmates that are non-science majors in my class and they're hurting right now getting straight "C"s and trying to stay afloat because they've never had a lot of the "-ology" courses.

4) And if you guys have any other additional advice to give me, i would greatly apprecite it!

A: interested in dentistry....start to shadow and volunteering in private dental offices.