New York 2018-2019 Updates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mesptschool19

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all! Lets post our NY (and nearby) interview/acceptance etc updates.

I've applied to NYIT, Stony Brook, NYU, LIU, Touro, Drexel, SUNY Upstate, and Marist

Haven't heard back from anywhere yet but will post as soon as I do.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey all! Lets post our NY (and nearby) interview/acceptance etc updates.

I've applied to NYIT, Stony Brook, NYU, LIU, Touro, Drexel, SUNY Upstate, and Marist

Haven't heard back from anywhere yet but will post as soon as I do.
I go to Marist! Let me know if you have any questions, and good luck!

I received my first update from Touro today (i applied early decision) inviting me to fill out the supplement app

Members don't see this ad :)
Having not received a verdict from Touro ED I contacted admissions today and was told that they treat early decision differently than other programs where as you receive a verdict around the same time as regular decision, however the employee I spoke to on the phone stated that they look at choosing early decision as a "+" because Touro is your first choice (paraphrased)... I was wondering if anyone had feedback on this being something that is common or if anyone who has applied ED to Touro in the past went through the same confusion as me

Having not received a verdict from Touro ED I contacted admissions today and was told that they treat early decision differently than other programs where as you receive a verdict around the same time as regular decision, however the employee I spoke to on the phone stated that they look at choosing early decision as a "+" because Touro is your first choice (paraphrased)... I was wondering if anyone had feedback on this being something that is common or if anyone who has applied ED to Touro in the past went through the same confusion as me

I did not apply to this program, but how can that be? If you applied early decision you can't apply anywhere else through PTCAS so how can they hold your application hostage? I thought they had to give you a decision by a certain date.

I did not apply to this program, but how can that be? If you applied early decision you can't apply anywhere else through PTCAS so how can they hold your application hostage? I thought they had to give you a decision by a certain date.
I was alerted about 15 minutes after i called that i have been accepted.

Hi all! I just got invited to interview at NYIT. Anyone else? Any interview tips would be helpful as well. Thank you!

Anyone else get an interview from Stony Brook? I’m so excited!

I applied to LIU and got a confirmation email from them on Sep 12, but have not heard anything from them other than that. I am wondering if anyone heard back from them for interview invite?

i have not heard from touro yet (regular admissions) any one else hear anything through regular?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi
I was wondering when did you apply to NYIT and how did they contact you
Thanks
I sent in my application August 18th, received confirmation from them a couple weeks later and then on September 27th was offered an interview. Hope that helps!

I sent in my application August 18th, received confirmation from them a couple weeks later and then was offered an interview for September 27th. Hope that helps!
Thank you

NYIT is not a group interview. It is one on one. To prep for interviews I got this book "A New Exercise: How to Succeed at the Interview for a DPT program." Has a ton of sample questions and helps shape your responses so that they are not generic and boring. Would recommend it!
did you interview at NYIT? and if so how did it go

did you interview at NYIT? and if so how did it go

I did. It was a very comfortable, laid back kind of vibe. I would just recommend being yourself, keeping calm, and prepping a bunch. Be as prepared as possible - can't hurt to be too prepared.

Just got accepted by NYMC today (10/18)! I interviewed last week (10/12).

Reactions: 1 users
I did. It was a very comfortable, laid back kind of vibe. I would just recommend being yourself, keeping calm, and prepping a bunch. Be as prepared as possible - can't hurt to be too prepared.
how long was the interview?

Just got an interview invitation from LIU for 11/30!!!

Has anyone interviewed at Stony Brook yet? I just got an invitation for 11/30!

Waitlisted to NYIT but have a Drexel and Stony interview coming up

Anybody else got an interview offer from Hunter College? 11/06

Just got accepted by NYMC today (10/18)! I interviewed last week (10/12).
How was the interview process? I'm set to interview with them in a few weeks. Are there things I should prepare for when I go in that day?

Interviewing at Hunter 11/13 and CSI 11/29, anybody interviewing or interviewed at these schools before?

Reactions: 1 users
I have an interview at CSI as well. I chose to attend on 12/3. Would love some insight into both the program and the interview process.

Hmm... I just got the email today for CSI interview and the latest option was the 29th of Nov. I really wanted something later so If I get into Hunter, I will be automatically declining all other schools.

I’m sure if you ask them to come in at a later date it would be fine because the 29th was actually my earliest option with three more following.

Got an invite for an interview at CSI ... nervous and excited .. any advice?

I have an interview at CSI as well. I chose to attend on 12/3. Would love some insight into both the program and the interview process.
I also have an interview coming up with CSI. Mine is 11/19. Congrats!!! :) I am also interested in what the interview process will be like.

I also have an interview coming up with CSI. Mine is 11/19. Congrats!!! :) I am also interested in what the interview process will be like.
Apparently we have to analyze a research article?

Has anyone who interview 11/9 or 11/10 at NYU heard back yet?

Has anyone who interview 11/9 or 11/10 at NYU heard back yet?
Hi! I interviewed on 11/10! What did you think of the interview :) I think it went well, but i didn't ask when we were gonna hear back. D: