New York 2018-2019 Updates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi! I interviewed on 11/10! What did you think of the interview :) I think it went well, but i didn't ask when we were gonna hear back. D:

You should hear back sometime in early December if you are part of their first batch of acceptances :) They are rolling, so I believe they keep sending out offers until all the spots are taken.

Members don't see this ad.

Apparently we have to analyze a research article?
Oh ok! Do you know if they sit down and do all the generic interview-style questions or if they'd move into a tour and causal conversation? I have my interview next week and I am nervous, as you can probably tell :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally a thread for New York! I had an interview in NYIT on 11/09 and I have interviews for hunter 11/20 and Stony 11/30! I can't wait for Hunter but really nervous at the same time

@Saracha97 @Studentptms
The Hunter interview was with two faculty members, very friendly and formal. Prepare questions about why PT, why Hunter, and your experience. If you need more time on essays, come an hour early because they let you start as soon as you get there. Good luck!
Thank you so so much! I seriously hope we get in! Good luck with everything!

Anybody have any experience with Dominican College? I have an interview there 12/7.

Anybody have any experience with Dominican College? I have an interview there 12/7.
Yes I had an interview there already. It consisted of 4 parts a lecture followed by a small quiz(don’t forget to bring a pen!), information session by the chair of admissions, group interview with 4 other students and a tour of the campus. They will give you the questions they ask in the beginning of the day so you can think about your answers. It was a very friendly interview and everyone was extremely nice. Good luck!

Yes I had an interview there already. It consisted of 4 parts a lecture followed by a small quiz(don’t forget to bring a pen!), information session by the chair of admissions, group interview with 4 other students and a tour of the campus. They will give you the questions they ask in the beginning of the day so you can think about your answers. It was a very friendly interview and everyone was extremely nice. Good luck!

Thank you! That is very helpful. Have you heard from them regarding an admission decision/did they tell you when you could expect a response?

Thank you! That is very helpful. Have you heard from them regarding an admission decision/did they tell you when you could expect a response?
I didn’t hear from them yet. They told us all responses will be sent out mid-December.

Just got a Hunter Interview for December 14! So excited!
Does anyone know if they are lenient with changing the dates of interviews? I go to school in Texas and my last final is the next day...

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they are lenient with changing the dates of interviews? I go to school in Texas and my last final is the next day...
Hello, I'm wondering did Hunter call you or email?
I'm waiting and hoping for an interview!

I'm sure you can explain to them you have to travel and have a final exam and they will try to accommodate you!

Hello, I'm wondering did Hunter call you or email?
I'm waiting and hoping for an interview!

I'm sure you can explain to them you have to travel and have a final exam and they will try to accommodate you!
Got an Email!

Reactions: 1 user
You should e-mail them ASAP and let them know you can’t make it that day. They should be able to re-schedule your interview :)

I got invited yesterday to interview at NYU! Does anyone have advice for the interview?

Oh ok! Do you know if they sit down and do all the generic interview-style questions or if they'd move into a tour and causal conversation? I have my interview next week and I am nervous, as you can probably tell :)

Not sure but would love to know myself. I don't think there's a tour. I'm nervous too!

I got an interview from LIU as well! Are you going to the interview on 11/30?

Hiiii!

I got an interview LIU as well on 11/30 at 1pm! Do you guys have any idea how more interview invitations they send out?

Hiiii!

I got an interview LIU as well on 11/30 at 1pm! Do you guys have any idea how more interview invitations they send out?

Hi, congratulations for the interview offer at LIU! I am not sure how many interviews they have sent out and how many they will send out, but based on the forum from last year, LIU also hold interview session on March and considering the deadline for applying is March 2019. I think they may still be senting out many interview offers!

It was really chill! Very easy-going interview with typical questions, short essay after, and then a tour of the floor and optional tour of other NYU campus buildings. I really loved it

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does anyone know if stony interview is individual or group ?

@Saracha97 @Studentptms
The Hunter interview was with two faculty members, very friendly and formal. Prepare questions about why PT, why Hunter, and your experience. If you need more time on essays, come an hour early because they let you start as soon as you get there. Good luck!
Hey!! I was just wondering what essay topic did they give you for your interview? Im so worried about it

Hey!! I was just wondering what essay topic did they give you for your interview? Im so worried about it
i had mine today. the topic was about taking a risk and how it affected you. its a short essay though, less than 2 pages

Hey! I remember it being a leadership role and qualities! As @nycdpthopeful said, it is very short and nothing to be worried about or having prior knowledge of. Good luck and you got it!

Hey! I hope your interview went well at CSI! How did it go? Was it a group or you vs. 2 interviewers?

Anyone heard back from D'Youville College in Buffalo? I know the deadline is 12/3 so I wasn't sure if they send out updates before that.

Anyone heard back from D'Youville College in Buffalo? I know the deadline is 12/3 so I wasn't sure if they send out updates before that.
Nope. I applied but did not hear back yet.

Hi, I also apply to D’Youville, I think they are not rolling admission and they do not conduct interview. Based on the last year forum, the admission letter will not be send out until after the end of January.

Hey! I hope your interview went well at CSI! How did it go? Was it a group or you vs. 2 interviewers?
It went well! They first put you in a room to analyze a research article, which you have 30 minutes to do so. I thought by getting there early would get me some extra time on that but the set a timer for you. Then they took me into another room where I met with 2 really nice faculty and they asked me all the basic questions I was expecting to hear. Overall it was a nice experience and I am glad that my first interview was with them :)

It went well! They first put you in a room to analyze a research article, which you have 30 minutes to do so. I thought by getting there early would get me some extra time on that but the set a timer for you. Then they took me into another room where I met with 2 really nice faculty and they asked me all the basic questions I was expecting to hear. Overall it was a nice experience and I am glad that my first interview was with them :)

Glad it went well! I hope you get accepted! Good luck :soexcited:

Hi,
Are you attending that interview session? I'm attending the Nov 30 interview.
Do you mind posting your stats?
Thank in advance

Yeah, I'll be attending.

My stats approx:

Double Major: BA in Psych, BS in Public Health Sci
GPA: 3.2-3.3
GRE: 155/146/4.5
Observations: ~500 hours in total? maybe more.
VA Hospital (inpatient/outpatient, acute/subacute - neuro)
Community Hospital (inpatient acute)
Local Community College (outpatient, school/education, wellness)
3x outpatient private practices
Extracurriculars:
Fraternity, Intern @ LGBT center, behavioral therapist, TA experience, 2 years directing my school's orientation program...

There's more but this is just all off the top of my head.

Does anyone know if stony interview is individual or group ?
I am a current 1st year student for Stony right now. My interview last year was two faculty and a third year student. It is a very comfortable atmosphere and you should just be yourself. If you have any questions let me know, excited to see all of you at the interview next week!

I am a current 1st year student for Stony right now. My interview last year was two faculty and a third year student. It is a very comfortable atmosphere and you should just be yourself. If you have any questions let me know, excited to see all of you at the interview next week!
What kind of questions did they ask?

What kind of questions did they ask?
It was actually based on your supplemental application, so it was personalized to an extent. But there was one or two boiler plate questions like how would you deal with your classmate who was studying too hard and burning out and what makes you think you're prepared for the rigors of a doctorate program.