New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

Started by BB8730
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I found that if you click on that "Groups" tab on the left after you log in, you can follow that link and then get into your NYIT gmail account as well. Hopefully they'll fix all of this soon though so you won't have to use such a roundabout method.
I did it by just opening a new tab and going to gmail. You cant see anything but those 3 buttons either?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was accepted to a school that is a better fit for me, so I will be withdrawing from NYCOM. Goodbye $1500 deposit. Good luck everyone!
 
What makes you say this is when the waitlist moves?

I'm basing this claim on the last 2 or 3 years' threads. The waitlist seems to start to move around 6/15 and slows dramatically after 7/15. We can't be certain of anything though seeing as they have moved up orientation by about 2 weeks from previous years. I guess I could just be overzealous. Do you guys have different information and if so what is the source?
 
I'm basing this claim on the last 2 or 3 years' threads. The waitlist seems to start to move around 6/15 and slows dramatically after 7/15. We can't be certain of anything though seeing as they have moved up orientation by about 2 weeks from previous years. I guess I could just be overzealous. Do you guys have different information and if so what is the source?
I agree with you. The movement of waitlist always starts after June 15th.
 
I heard in the interview that there is usually a good amount of waitlist movement. Hoping that is just as true this year!
 
I believe this is the case. There were a few years over the past decade where they overfilled the class resulting in very little waitlist activity. These years seem to be few and far between. Based on the numbers I have managed to come across it seems like the odds are in our favor even at this pount.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I heard in the interview that there is usually a good amount of waitlist movement. Hoping that is just as true this year!
I believe this is the case. There were a few years over the past decade where they overfilled the class resulting in very little waitlist activity. These years seem to be few and far between. Based on the numbers I have managed to come across it seems like the odds are in our favor even at this pount.

Really hoping theres a lot of movement this cycle and soon! Would love to enjoy the few weeks of summer we have before starting school! There have been a couple of years where there has been little to no movement 🙁. Praying thats not the case this year!
 
I believe this is the case. There were a few years over the past decade where they overfilled the class resulting in very little waitlist activity. These years seem to be few and far between. Based on the numbers I have managed to come across it seems like the odds are in our favor even at this pount.
Just curious...what numbers have you come across that point to the odds being in our favor?
 
Room Available for rent. $800/month. 10 minute drive to the NYIT-COM Westbury Campus. Call 516-965-0661 for more details. Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I just called in and the person told me that they haven't been seeing any movement and that they don't predict seeing movement anytime soon. He said people are holding on to their seats.
 
I have just called in also and they said there hasnt been any movement and does not know if there will be. The the final piece of information is that aug 4th is the last day for getting off the waitlist.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I find it really hard to believe that not even ONE spot has opened up at this point. A couple of accepted students have withdrawn their acceptances in this thread alone. It seems that almost every other school has seen some sort of movement.