You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016
Started by AlteredScale
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Accepted!! First one!! I'm crying!
Congrats! I just received an interview invitation and am pretty excited. Would you be able to just briefly talk about how the day went, the interview format, etc.?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Guys!!!! I just received my supplemental application link today!!! If I submit it in the next 2-3 days, how long does it typically take to hear back? I feel like I'm so late in the game.
I also applied pretty late -- my file wasn't complete until mid February -- and it only took a couple of weeks for me to hear back, so I would think it wouldn't be long at this point in the cycle!
if you haven't heard back about an II after 4 months of being complete is it pretty much over for this school?
how did you know your file was complete?I also applied pretty late -- my file wasn't complete until mid February -- and it only took a couple of weeks for me to hear back, so I would think it wouldn't be long at this point in the cycle!
yea it was effing ridiculousdoes the background check really cost $121?
what session are you?Interviewing Thursday March 1st, anybody else interviewing the same day? Any interview advice?
Afternoon session at 11what session are you?
GL to everyone! The interview was very short so don't stress too much. Just make sure you know everything on your works/activities because they might ask u some questions on it. The hardest part was actually trying to be brief and concise since the interview was only ~15min. So you really have know what points are you trying to get across in a short time.
Side note...finally committed to NYIT after going back and forth between NYIT and DMU. Looking forward to meeting the 2020 class!
Side note...finally committed to NYIT after going back and forth between NYIT and DMU. Looking forward to meeting the 2020 class!
Last edited:
GL to everyone! The interview was very short so don't stress too much. Just make sure you know everything on your works/activities because they might ask u some questions on it. The hardest part was actually trying to be brief and concise since the interview was only ~15min. So you really have know what points are you trying to get across in a short time.
Side note...finally committed to NYIT after going back and forth between NYIT and DMU. Looking forward to meeting the 2020 class!
Could I ask you what your main reasons for your choice are?
how did you know your file was complete?
I received an email saying it was complete
response to redman,
1. OPTI: Nycomec
2. Location: More crowded = more hospital with high volume of trauma cases to see closeby. Many of which are pretty famous.
3. Diversity of matchlist (prob due to #1 + #2?)
But it was really hard to make the choice. BOTH have very clear strengths and weakness. All about wat matters to you and which vibe (at the interview) did you enjoy more. For me, cost was not high on the list because I don't mind spending a longer time in debt as long as I end up where I enjoy and subsequently in a profession I enjoy.
1. OPTI: Nycomec
2. Location: More crowded = more hospital with high volume of trauma cases to see closeby. Many of which are pretty famous.
3. Diversity of matchlist (prob due to #1 + #2?)
But it was really hard to make the choice. BOTH have very clear strengths and weakness. All about wat matters to you and which vibe (at the interview) did you enjoy more. For me, cost was not high on the list because I don't mind spending a longer time in debt as long as I end up where I enjoy and subsequently in a profession I enjoy.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed 2/25, Accepted... Idk. I went home for the weekend and found the acceptance letter in a pile of mail! Best of luck to everyone still waiting.
Has anyone gotten off the waitlist?
Same here accepted yesterday ! Were you morning of afternoon interview. I was the redhead who kept saying waitlist action hahaInterviewed 2/25, Accepted... Idk. I went home for the weekend and found the acceptance letter in a pile of mail! Best of luck to everyone still waiting.
Afternoon. And yup I remember you lol!Same here accepted yesterday ! Were you morning of afternoon interview. I was the redhead who kept saying waitlist action haha
Also interviewed 2/25, but still havent heard anything 🙁
Anybody know of a good way to find housing? I feel like neither the facebook group or the my.nyit.edu links are very helpful. And craigslist has been unsuccessful as well! lol
I'm in the same boat. Admissions is supposed to provide access to the web board sometime soon I think. There is also supposedly a housing folder at the library but I haven't taken a trip to find out. Craiglist is the worst. I'm sure you can find something good if you weed through all the scams but there's so many. There were several listings that responded and asked for a credit score check from some specific website. I thought it was weird so I googled it and sure enough I found it was a scam to get you to sign up for a subscription and the website will bill you every month.
Last edited:
I'm in the same boat. Admissions is supposed to provide access to the web board sometime soon I think. There is also supposedly a housing folder at the library but I haven't taken a trip to find out. Craiglist is the worst. I'm sure you can find something good if you weed through all the scams but there's so many. There were several listings that responded and asked for a credit score check from some specific website. I thought it was weird so I googled it and sure enough I found it was a scam to get you to sign up for a subscription and the website will bill you every month.
It's pretty frustrating! I'm hoping to go down for a weekend soon to just go and look around. I have a friend who goes to Stonybrook but her apartment is way too far for me to room with her, which is a bummer!
It's pretty frustrating! I'm hoping to go down for a weekend soon to just go and look around. I have a friend who goes to Stonybrook but her apartment is way too far for me to room with her, which is a bummer!
I think it's a bit early right now. I think around May or June you'll see better apartments. Yeah, Stonybrook wouldn't make sense. I'm looking mostly around Glen Cove, Roslyn, Hicksville
has there been any info about an accepted students day?
has there been any info about an accepted students day?
I may be mistaken but I don't think they have one
Current first year here, and I'd like to comment on the attrition rate.
Coming into the school, I was admittedly a bit nervous about it because I think we all know what it's like to take classes (cough, Orgo, cough) where the administration seems to set you up to fail. This is not the case AT ALL. If you play your part at NYCOM and work hard, you will have absolutely no trouble succeeding. The faculty is great and my classmates are super smart.
Any questions, feel free to PM me.
Coming into the school, I was admittedly a bit nervous about it because I think we all know what it's like to take classes (cough, Orgo, cough) where the administration seems to set you up to fail. This is not the case AT ALL. If you play your part at NYCOM and work hard, you will have absolutely no trouble succeeding. The faculty is great and my classmates are super smart.
Any questions, feel free to PM me.
Where can you find the interview feedback for NYITCheck out the Interview Feedback section for NYIT.
Did you recently get an interview invite?Where can you find the interview feedback for NYIT
Hey guys,
Just wondering, if I have had silence for almost three months now, what do you think my chances are? I'm mostly doing this to assuage my fears lol. I know the best thing to do is wait but I get antsy.
For anyone that is curious: I was complete around mid December, LizzyM of 70, still doing clinical experiences rn.
Just wondering, if I have had silence for almost three months now, what do you think my chances are? I'm mostly doing this to assuage my fears lol. I know the best thing to do is wait but I get antsy.
For anyone that is curious: I was complete around mid December, LizzyM of 70, still doing clinical experiences rn.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
http://schools.studentdoctor.net/sc...thic-medical-school-rankings/0?kwd=new%20yorkWhere can you find the interview feedback for NYIT
For all schools, go to "Interview Feedback" on the navigation bar at the top of any SDN page and search for the school.
Current first year here, and I'd like to comment on the attrition rate.
Coming into the school, I was admittedly a bit nervous about it because I think we all know what it's like to take classes (cough, Orgo, cough) where the administration seems to set you up to fail. This is not the case AT ALL. If you play your part at NYCOM and work hard, you will have absolutely no trouble succeeding. The faculty is great and my classmates are super smart.
Any questions, feel free to PM me.
Are you a lecture or DPC student?
I will be moving out to NY from Massachusetts and haven't been able to find much housing. Any ideas when admissions will post the eboard and if it's any good?
Check your nyit email. They sent important information today regarding health insurance, orientation and the webboard log in. There aren't many housing listings but I'm assuming there will be more come May/June
me, maybe like 2-3 roommatesAnyone planning on living with roommates?
Ok thanks I will keep an eye out. I am also planning on living with roommates, just don't know anybody yet!
No problem. Yeah me either, definitely need to come up with a pre-screen to weed out the wackos haha
I am a lecture student.Are you a lecture or DPC student?
Orientation starts 8/3/16, they just sent the email about it with info 2 days ago to your nyit email!has there been any info about an accepted students day?
interview here on March 31st!! i hope that isn't too late/ interviewing for the wait list
Congratulations! May I ask when your application was complete?interview here on March 31st!! i hope that isn't too late/ interviewing for the wait list
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there a facebook group for the class of 2020?
Sometime around Christmas!Congratulations! May I ask when your application was complete?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 270
- Views
- 71K
- Replies
- 395
- Views
- 101K
- Replies
- 183
- Views
- 32K
- Replies
- 200
- Views
- 58K
- Replies
- 346
- Views
- 68K