You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016
Started by AlteredScale
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hoping to hear back good things from here!
Interviewed 3/17
Accepted 3/23
Good luck to all those still waiting 🙂
Accepted 3/23
Good luck to all those still waiting 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed 3/17
Accepted 3/23
Good luck to all those still waiting 🙂
Congrats! Did you find out about the acceptance via email or snail mail?
It was by snail mail. Big envelope means acceptance btw. It was dated 3/21Congrats! Did you find out about the acceptance via email or snail mail?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
For the interview, can you just bring your actual license or do you need a copy of your license. I was confused by this.
Thank you!
Anyone from 3/16 hear back?
Don't give up! And yes, they are open to updates.Does anyone know if this school is receptive to updates? I've been complete for about 4-5 months and haven't heard anything.
Got a recent II. Can someone shed light or throw down some bullet points for how the interview was here? I read somewhere that they require you to write an essay during the interview day. Is this correct?
you just got served broGot a recent II. Can someone shed light or throw down some bullet points for how the interview was here? I read somewhere that they require you to write an essay during the interview day. Is this correct?
you just got served bro
Not sure if this is constructive to my message. I guess I'll "lol" and call it a day.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry for the as*hole response. Highly unlikely that they make you write an essay. So much easier to just ask you the question then wait for you to write out the answer, and then have to read it.Not sure if this is constructive to my message. I guess I'll "lol" and call it a day.
I didn't get asked to write an essay, neither did anyone on my interview day.
Thank you @justdoit1234, I am wondering where your first answer even came from. hahaha.
Anyone else care to jump in to answer my question?
Anyone else care to jump in to answer my question?
lol definitely no essay. my interviewer did ask me to summarize my personal statement to herGot a recent II. Can someone shed light or throw down some bullet points for how the interview was here? I read somewhere that they require you to write an essay during the interview day. Is this correct?
Do you know where I could send them? Should I just email admissions?Don't give up! And yes, they are open to updates.
Thank you everyone!
Can someone help with "why NYCOM?" Does the school have a student-run clinic? Also, what kind of community outreach does NYCOM extend?
there is no student run clinic and the community outreach is through the clubs at the school (as I was told my the person that interviewed me since this was one of the three questions I asked)Can someone help with "why NYCOM?" Does the school have a student-run clinic? Also, what kind of community outreach does NYCOM extend?
Anyone know if there's a way I can check my application status? My application has been complete and I have also provided an update. But I still haven't heard. Also how late does this school interview? Thanks a lot.
There is no way of checking your status online or by portal, however if you sent in an update they should have sent you confirmation that they received it. I myself recently sent one in and they responded to me within the next few days and told me they added it to my file.Anyone know if there's a way I can check my application status? My application has been complete and I have also provided an update. But I still haven't heard. Also how late does this school interview? Thanks a lot.
I provided the update through the application portal and I haven't really heard anything back after that.There is no way of checking your status online or by portal, however if you sent in an update they should have sent you confirmation that they received it. I myself recently sent one in and they responded to me within the next few days and told me they added it to my file.
Ah I emailed them my update. Perhaps that's why? If anything I would just call the admissions office to ensure that they received it and that it was added to your file.I provided the update through the application portal and I haven't really heard anything back after that.
If you tried updating on the portal but it didn't work, just email admissions! Good luck 🙂Do you know where I could send them? Should I just email admissions?
Has anyone been able to find an academic calendar for the coming year? All I could find was the current year but we start earlier than last year so I imagine winter break will also be different.
I've been wondering too
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you! 🙂If you tried updating on the portal but it didn't work, just email admissions! Good luck 🙂
Hey guys just need to make sure I'm making a solid choice here... I already have my deposit in for NYIT but I have an interview offer from Touro-middletown that I think I'm going to turn down. I currently live in maine and both schools are almost exactly a 5 hour drive for me. From what I've read it seems that NYIT is a more solid program, but Touro is cheaper. Any input here?
D
deleted731525
Hey guys just need to make sure I'm making a solid choice here... I already have my deposit in for NYIT but I have an interview offer from Touro-middletown that I think I'm going to turn down. I currently live in maine and both schools are almost exactly a 5 hour drive for me. From what I've read it seems that NYIT is a more solid program, but Touro is cheaper. Any input here?
Touro is cheaper but the COL in that area is higher. That being said Touro is a smaller class I believe and I got the vibe that the students were more on the same page as the administration than the students at NYCOM. Those things can be hard to tell just from interviews though.
Hey guys, any idea of how filled the class is? Just trying to get an idea of whether people who interviewed recently/will interview in the near future have a good shot or if they're only picking a select few from each interview! I know the class size is rather large so I'm hoping they're not past 240/250 students yet. If anyone has any idea I appreciate it. Tried looking at the thread from last year but the timeline for everything looked completely different. Thanks in advance 🙂
theres like 190 people on the Facebook page so I'm assuming at least 190 people so far. but if i were to guesstimate id say about at least 220 is fullHey guys, any idea of how filled the class is? Just trying to get an idea of whether people who interviewed recently/will interview in the near future have a good shot or if they're only picking a select few from each interview! I know the class size is rather large so I'm hoping they're not past 240/250 students yet. If anyone has any idea I appreciate it. Tried looking at the thread from last year but the timeline for everything looked completely different. Thanks in advance 🙂
Thank you so much, makes me feel a little better loltheres like 190 people on the Facebook page so I'm assuming at least 190 people so far. but if i were to guesstimate id say about at least 220 is full
Touro is cheaper but the COL in that area is higher. That being said Touro is a smaller class I believe and I got the vibe that the students were more on the same page as the administration than the students at NYCOM. Those things can be hard to tell just from interviews though.
Ok thank you. As far as clinical and residency matching would you say NYCOM is the stronger school?
D
deleted731525
Ok thank you. As far as clinical and residency matching would you say NYCOM is the stronger school?
I think NYCOM's clinicals may be stronger(I have heard that Touro has had some problems there) but I am not 100% sure. As far as matching is concerned imo you will have the same opportunities from both schools, its more dependent on the student.
I'm applying to NYIT-COM this upcoming cycle, I was wondering if somebody would be able to either post a copy of the match list for the 2016 class on this thread or message it to me? Thanks everyone! congratulations to all that have been accepted 🙂!
I think NYCOM's clinicals may be stronger(I have heard that Touro has had some problems there) but I am not 100% sure. As far as matching is concerned imo you will have the same opportunities from both schools, its more dependent on the student.
Ok thank you!
Just received a II today. Does anyone know if people interviewing this late has a chance at admission? Or is best case scenario waitlist? Trying to decide if it is even worth accepting the II
Just received a II today. Does anyone know if people interviewing this late has a chance at admission? Or is best case scenario waitlist? Trying to decide if it is even worth accepting the II
Congratulations! I believe that it is worth accepting the II. From what I heard this school either give direct acceptances or you get waitlisted, which is kind of like a silent rejection. So I'm sure there are still available seats. BTW may I ask when you were complete and your stats? I'm also waiting/hoping to receive a II from here.
May I ask where you heard being waitlisted actually means you're being rejected?Congratulations! I believe that it is worth accepting the II. From what I heard this school either give direct acceptances or you get waitlisted, which is kind of like a silent rejection. So I'm sure there are still available seats. BTW may I ask when you were complete and your stats? I'm also waiting/hoping to receive a II from here.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
May I ask where you heard being waitlisted actually means you're being rejected?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
To be clear, I didn't say that it actually means you're being rejected (don't want to step on anyones toes). I've heard this from friends who are past applicants as well as on SDN . Though I can't vouch on how true this is. Please take my word with a grain of salt. Don't mean to scare anyone.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, I'm still deciding if I'm going to take the II. I already have an acceptance at DMU and was pretty much planning on going there. But I'm from NY state so NYIT-COM could be a better option for me. The only thing is that NYIT-COM is much pricier. I was complete 12/4/15
Got my deposit back from nycom today
Really nice people, very fair to deal with.
Just told them that after a consideration nycom was not the right consideration and that it would be unfair to take someone else's spot who wants to go there.
Really nice people, very fair to deal with.
Just told them that after a consideration nycom was not the right consideration and that it would be unfair to take someone else's spot who wants to go there.
sorry if this was already answered... how long does it generally take to hear back?
Interviewed 3/31. Hasn't even been a full week.. just super anxious
Interviewed 3/31. Hasn't even been a full week.. just super anxious
Got my deposit back from nycom today
Really nice people, very fair to deal with.
Just told them that after a consideration nycom was not the right consideration and that it would be unfair to take someone else's spot who wants to go there.
How did you get your deposit back, aren't they non refundable?
sorry if this was already answered... how long does it generally take to hear back?
Interviewed 3/31. Hasn't even been a full week.. just super anxious
I looked around the thread and noticed some people hadn't heard back in months and others found out the Wednesday after their interview (two people interviewed on 3/17 and found out on 3/23 that they got accepted). I also interviewed on the 31st, and since they told us we'll find out in two weeks I'm assuming we're probably gonna find out by next week! Good luck 🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 270
- Views
- 71K
- Replies
- 395
- Views
- 101K
- Replies
- 183
- Views
- 32K
- Replies
- 200
- Views
- 58K
- Replies
- 346
- Views
- 68K