You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016
Started by AlteredScale
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ACCEPTED!!!!!!!
**** yeah
mailmain rolled up
i ask him "you got anything good for me?"
he replies
"nah just this spam crap I swear the envolpes get bigger and bigger"
LOLLLLLL finally
thanks everyone for your support
Congrats! My mailman let me down AGAIN today haha
Last edited:
Congrats!!! My mailman just came right now and I swear I'm stalking him out till he's done filling up the mail for my apartment. This wait has officially driven me crazy.ACCEPTED!!!!!!!
**** yeah
mailmain rolled up
i ask him "you got anything good for me?"
he replies
"nah just this spam crap I swear the envolpes get bigger and bigger"
LOLLLLLL finally
thanks everyone for your support
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just went out to the local liquor store and asked for the finest bottle of champagne they had.
he asked what the occasion was and I let him know
To my surprise he said "no **** my nephew just got accepted there about an hour ago"
He gave me four bottles of Kettle One on the house
My hands are still shaking, but now it's time to ease that with a fine beverage
and then I intend on proceeding with my evening by burning every single one of my mcat books.
he asked what the occasion was and I let him know
To my surprise he said "no **** my nephew just got accepted there about an hour ago"
He gave me four bottles of Kettle One on the house
My hands are still shaking, but now it's time to ease that with a fine beverage
and then I intend on proceeding with my evening by burning every single one of my mcat books.
Congrats! I'm still waiting for an II :/. Do you mind if I ask what your stats were and when you were complete? It's fine if you want to abstain though. Congrats, nonetheless!Just went out to the local liquor store and asked for the finest bottle of champagne they had.
he asked what the occasion was and I let him know
To my surprise he said "no **** my nephew just got accepted there about an hour ago"
He gave me four bottles of Kettle One on the house
My hands are still shaking, but now it's time to ease that with a fine beverage
and then I intend on proceeding with my evening by burning every single one of my mcat books.
Ill message you
Ill message you
Mind Messaging me too?
I want to burn my MCAT books so badly haha enjoy your drank
sameNothing in the mail - interviewed 9/15, live about an hour away
ACCEPTED!!!!!!!
**** yeah
mailmain rolled up
i ask him "you got anything good for me?"
he replies
"nah just this spam crap I swear the envolpes get bigger and bigger"
LOLLLLLL finally
thanks everyone for your support
Please tell me you live in Nassau county and not Suffolk county..... *panicking slowly
Also CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
Last edited:
nassau county letter dated november 7th
nassau county letter dated november 7th[/QUOTE
There is still hope!
Last edited:
That sounds sooo perfect! Congratulations!!! I'm in Kings County over here hopin for a letter too!Just went out to the local liquor store and asked for the finest bottle of champagne they had.
he asked what the occasion was and I let him know
To my surprise he said "no **** my nephew just got accepted there about an hour ago"
He gave me four bottles of Kettle One on the house
My hands are still shaking, but now it's time to ease that with a fine beverage
and then I intend on proceeding with my evening by burning every single one of my mcat books.
Congrats to everyone accepted. I really hope I hear something positive on Monday. If not.... 

To anyone who got accepted, how long do you have to pay the deposit/send back any paperwork from the time you get the acceptance letter?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The letter made it seem like everyone has a different date they need to submit the forms/deposit but mine is mid January. Anyone else?To anyone who got accepted, how long do you have to pay the deposit/send back any paperwork from the time you get the acceptance letter?
Mine is due in january.
Hey all my fellow classmates of 2016, message me and we can group together.
Also I think there is a 2016 group forming on facebook. Haven't reactivated mine yet but I will soon
Hey all my fellow classmates of 2016, message me and we can group together.
Also I think there is a 2016 group forming on facebook. Haven't reactivated mine yet but I will soon
I wouldn't be worried even if you don't get it by Monday. As one of the accepted students mentioned letter is stamped Nov 7th so it took a week to reach. When I called them they said they were making the Sept 15 letters all of last week so it could easily take the end of next week if it's going to be a week transition time in the mail. So far no rejections, so I think everyone is in a good place.Congrats to everyone accepted. I really hope I hear something positive on Monday. If not....![]()
The letter made it seem like everyone has a different date they need to submit the forms/deposit but mine is mid January. Anyone else?
yo pugz shoot me a dm lets get a 2016 group going
Not sure if I'm matriculating here yet! Chances are if I get into my state school I will go there instead. I will probably still pay that huge deposit though just incase🙁. Are you 100% matriculating here?yo pugz shoot me a dm lets get a 2016 group going
I wouldn't be worried even if you don't get it by Monday. As one of the accepted students mentioned letter is stamped Nov 7th so it took a week to reach. When I called them they said they were making the Sept 15 letters all of last week so it could easily take the end of next week if it's going to be a week transition time in the mail. So far no rejections, so I think everyone is in a good place.
Thanks for that information. I am just worried that they are doing it in order of acceptances, wait lists and then .....rejections. :/
ooooooo i thought ur state was NY since you lived in kings county
and yeah I'm most likely gonna pick this school unless nova accepts me
in which case ill be torn lol
and yeah I'm most likely gonna pick this school unless nova accepts me
in which case ill be torn lol
nope.. I actually called them on Friday and the lady said that decision on my file was not yet made... I'm scared, my stats are insecure 27Mcat/3.8GPA. I hope its not just me...Did anyone get letters from the 09/29 interview date?
hey man remember there's always hope.
My cumulative was wayyyyyy lower then yours, so clearly they shop around with people from all walks of life not just those who performed stellar on paper lol
My cumulative was wayyyyyy lower then yours, so clearly they shop around with people from all walks of life not just those who performed stellar on paper lol
nope.. I actually called them on Friday and the lady said that decision on my file was not yet made... I'm scared, my stats are insecure 27Mcat/3.8GPA. I hope its not just me...
Thanks for the reply! Yeah they must have encountered some issue sending out decisions for October interviews before September. I hope we hear something this week! Let me know if you find out anything more!
Is it true (for med schools in general) that things slow down around the holiday and season and that II's aren't usually offered until January?
Is it true (for med schools in general) that things slow down around the holiday and season and that II's aren't usually offered until January?
I feel as though there are still plenty of interviews to be offered before the turn of the year. I've seen II's and acceptances offered on past threads like the day or so before Christmas. That must've been a nice present.
That's definitely a bit reassuring. One of my best friends who applied last cycle told me that schools will generally slow down around the holidays and pick up after New Years. I hope that's not trueI feel as though there are still plenty of interviews to be offered before the turn of the year. I've seen II's and acceptances offered on past threads like the day or so before Christmas. That must've been a nice present.
What were your stats??? Hearing you say that makes me feel I got a chance bext year. Congratulations on being acceptedhey man remember there's always hope.
My cumulative was wayyyyyy lower then yours, so clearly they shop around with people from all walks of life not just those who performed stellar on paper lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone from 9/22 hear back?
ACCEPTED! Received letter on Friday the 13th haha, the letter is dated November 10th! I think my deposit is due in January as well, I emailed them today just to make sure.
I interviewed on 09/22, for those who are curious
I interviewed on 09/22, for those who are curious
Has anyone from the city gotten a letter yet? They might be being delivered in the mail by region cause all the people accepted I see are from long Island. Just curious
nope.. I actually called them on Friday and the lady said that decision on my file was not yet made... I'm scared, my stats are insecure 27Mcat/3.8GPA. I hope its not just me...
Interviewed 09/29 (with similar stats to you, @Dusya) as well and did not receive anything in the mail today. My impatience got the best of me and I inquired about my application status through a phone call with the admissions staff and she responded that "a decision has not yet been made" on my application. I explained to her that I was in a little bit of a pickle as I have to respond to an acceptance offer at another school by the beginning of next week although NYIT-COM remains my top choice (and was supposed to have had a decision made within 4-6 weeks of my interview date, not 7+...). The admissions staff was extremely kind and accommodating and told me to write this all down in an email so she could add it to my file and try to get a decision expedited.
Just thought I'd share! Best regards, all - and good luck!
ACCEPTED!! No more than an hour after I submitted that email, an admissions officer called me to tell me "congratulations!" I'm so excited - this is my first choice school! Again, best of luck to everyone!
xxxxx
Last edited:
Accepted!
Interviewed 11/3
Letter dated 11/12
Delivered to my Boston apartment on 11/16
As somebody who interviewed in November as well, my anxiety has just gone through the roof.
Did anyone ask admissions if those who were interviewed are silently rejected or are we notified? (Trying to stay positive but just wondering!)
I remember them saying they don't send rejection letters. So it might be silent rejections.Did anyone ask admissions if those who were interviewed are silently rejected or are we notified? (Trying to stay positive but just wondering!)
Though it might be pre interview rejections, not sure about post interview.
Last edited:
I actually inquired abiut this early last week.
They don't send rejections, they just keep you on a phantom waitlist until late fall until you either receive an official alternate listing or don't hear back until august 15th that they're full etc....
It's a kind of ****ed process, nova does the same thing pretty much. Happened to me last year
They don't send rejections, they just keep you on a phantom waitlist until late fall until you either receive an official alternate listing or don't hear back until august 15th that they're full etc....
It's a kind of ****ed process, nova does the same thing pretty much. Happened to me last year
I actually inquired abiut this early last week.
They don't send rejections, they just keep you on a phantom waitlist until late fall until you either receive an official alternate listing or don't hear back until august 15th that they're full etc....
It's a kind of ****ed process, nova does the same thing pretty much. Happened to me last year
Wonderful
Just called them, so apparently not all of 9/15 or September in general decisions have been made. She basically just said wait....yup. Longer wait! 
She also told me you get a rejection letter, unless you're wait listed then they send you a letter much later.
She also told me you get a rejection letter, unless you're wait listed then they send you a letter much later.
I actually inquired abiut this early last week.
They don't send rejections, they just keep you on a phantom waitlist until late fall until you either receive an official alternate listing or don't hear back until august 15th that they're full etc....
It's a kind of ****ed process, nova does the same thing pretty much. Happened to me last year
wait until August 15th as in next year?? interviewed 9/15. haven't heard anything yet. IS. Crap I think I'm in limbo. ayo Leo where you at bro
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just called them, so apparently not all of 9/15 or September in general decisions have been made. She basically just said wait....yup. Longer wait!
She also told me you get a rejection letter, unless you're wait listed then they send you a letter much later.
Ohhh thats a relief. At least we'll know. Good sleuthing
Yeah I asked then specifically about my file and they said that they haven't made a decision on my file yet and I interviewed 9/15. So I don't know what order they're doing thes reviews, it's all over the place. I have to put in a deposit for another school, so hopefully they finish up on my file soon.Ohhh thats a relief. At least we'll know. Good sleuthing
I hope you read these. Might help in your situation:Yeah I asked then specifically about my file and they said that they haven't made a decision on my file yet and I interviewed 9/15. So I don't know what order they're doing thes reviews, it's all over the place. I have to put in a deposit for another school, so hopefully they finish up on my file soon.
Interviewed 09/29 (with similar stats to you, @Dusya) as well and did not receive anything in the mail today. My impatience got the best of me and I inquired about my application status through a phone call with the admissions staff and she responded that "a decision has not yet been made" on my application. I explained to her that I was in a little bit of a pickle as I have to respond to an acceptance offer at another school by the beginning of next week although NYIT-COM remains my top choice (and was supposed to have had a decision made within 4-6 weeks of my interview date, not 7+...). The admissions staff was extremely kind and accommodating and told me to write this all down in an email so she could add it to my file and try to get a decision expedited.
Just thought I'd share! Best regards, all - and good luck!
ACCEPTED!! No more than an hour after I submitted that email, an admissions officer called me to tell me "congratulations!" I'm so excited - this is my first choice school! Again, best of luck to everyone!
Yeah I asked then specifically about my file and they said that they haven't made a decision on my file yet and I interviewed 9/15. So I don't know what order they're doing thes reviews, it's all over the place. I have to put in a deposit for another school, so hopefully they finish up on my file soon.
Dude that sucks, give them a call and see if they could do something to speed it up.
Dude that sucks, give them a call and see if they could do something to speed it up.
Thank you guys for your suggestions! I did call them and send them an email, they told me they'll see what they can do. But they also told me to put down my deposit for the other school cause they can't guarantee if they'll get to my file in time. So it might be that different people are metting for different interview dates and there's some issues going on with the 9/15 interview.I hope you read these. Might help in your situation:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 270
- Views
- 71K
- Replies
- 395
- Views
- 101K
- Replies
- 183
- Views
- 32K
- Replies
- 200
- Views
- 58K
- Replies
- 346
- Views
- 68K