New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed 9/15.
The wait is killing me....

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Hello all, I am just here to ask what is the best way to get ready for an interview. I have mock interviews set up with my pre-health advisor and was wondering if anyone has any tips or advice for NYiT. Thanks ahead of time.
-Fez
Just relax and go with it. It's a very low stress interview, if you did research be prepared to explain it. Be open, friendly, and genuine. Don't worry too much, if they asked you to come in they like what they saw on your app. The rest is just making sure you can communicate well, and you're a good person.

"soon" as in...I should start stalking my mailman this week?
I've been stalking my mailbox since the 4 week mark! And all it did was get me paranoid and annoyed, after going through my mail like a crazy person for 2 week I feel so drained. Damn this school and it's long ass wait time! :mad:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview Nov 10!!! 1st interview ever! So nervous

Reactions: 4 users
complete 8/10...haven't heard anything yet. do they do silent rejections here?

Interviewed 9/15.. Still nothing in the mail:dead:

Reactions: 3 users
I've been complete since early Sept... and have not heard back yet. Is that a bad sign?

man I feel awful for you Sept 14/15 interviewees. Hopefully they make decisions on all of us soon.

Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed in September as well... this wait is killing me !!

Members don't see this ad :)
They do, if you're concerned I'd just give them a call.

If we call will they actually tell us anything or if we're actually rejected? I've called them before and all the person said was that they do not do any individual status updates and that I should just wait until I hear from them, which could be anytime until May.

If we call will they actually tell us anything or if we're actually rejected? I've called them before and all the person said was that they do not do any individual status updates and that I should just wait until I hear from them, which could be anytime until May.
I suppose, they haven't had all their interviews yet. And even if they didn't contact you yet doesn't mean they won't contact you later. So I guess for all of us it's just a waiting game.

interviewed here 9/30 but haven't heard back yet.
anyone in the same boat?

Just called - they said decisions still haven't been sent out yet. They are a little delayed and they couldn't say exactly when it was being sent out but they just said soon :(

Reactions: 1 users
Just called - they said decisions still haven't been sent out yet. They are a little delayed and they couldn't say exactly when it was being sent out but they just said soon :(

Hopefully before 2016 ><

Wow.....they need to get their **** together. At least send an email out to all the students saying that they're delayed so all of us aren't waiting around like this. It's not that hard to just send an email to give everyone a peace of mind. Especially when they know that they have students who haven been waiting way past the 6 week mark they mentioned.

This is crazy! I interviewed here first, in September and expected a response sooner, I already have 3 other acceptances and need to decide which school to attend with in these 2 weeks. I can't believe they didn't even make the decisions yet... I'm disappointed

Do they send out emails when you are complete...Also do they send II by snail mail or email???

Do they send out emails when you are complete...Also do they send II by snail mail or email???

I received a confirmation that my supplemental was paid for and received. They send II's by email and decisions by snail mail.

I wonder if they'll extend past the december deposit date since they are delayed

anyone know if decisions were mailed out yet/if we'll hear back this week? *fingers crossed*

Does anyone know how close they are to filling the class for 2016?

well lets put it this way
it takes 4-6 weeks so lets say 6 weeks is what we started with
but they are delayed lets say a week
so if you interviewed september 15th
you should most likely get an answer back sometime this week
If you interviewed last week of september then you should hear back the last week of this month

How long does it take for NYIT to send interview invites out?

usually takes them about two weeks to review your supplemental

How do we know if they received my LORs?

So since I'm at 3 months since submission, I'm probably getting nothing from them? Insert many expletives here...
I'm at 2 months since submission myself. I thought something was up because I didn't even receive a complete email (which they apparently don't send out anyway), so I decided to give them a call today. The lady said a decision has not been made yet and the cycle continues through spring so just wait until we contact you.

my friend just called to inquire about admissions statuses, the mid September letters are coming out right now.

Reactions: 6 users
my friend just called to inquire about admissions statuses, the mid September letters are coming out right now.

So then us late-September people have a good wait ahead of us I'd presume

I don't know I just can't wait to get this letter so that my tachycardia can return to a normal rhythm again lol

62170498.jpg

annndd winter too

Reactions: 6 users