You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016
Started by AlteredScale
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just relax and go with it. It's a very low stress interview, if you did research be prepared to explain it. Be open, friendly, and genuine. Don't worry too much, if they asked you to come in they like what they saw on your app. The rest is just making sure you can communicate well, and you're a good person.Hello all, I am just here to ask what is the best way to get ready for an interview. I have mock interviews set up with my pre-health advisor and was wondering if anyone has any tips or advice for NYiT. Thanks ahead of time.
-Fez
I've been stalking my mailbox since the 4 week mark! And all it did was get me paranoid and annoyed, after going through my mail like a crazy person for 2 week I feel so drained. Damn this school and it's long ass wait time! 😡"soon" as in...I should start stalking my mailman this week?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview Nov 10!!! 1st interview ever! So nervous
You're gonna ace it, you superstar. Be confident!
complete 8/10...haven't heard anything yet. do they do silent rejections here?
They do, if you're concerned I'd just give them a call.complete 8/10...haven't heard anything yet. do they do silent rejections here?
Congrats! When were you complete?Interview Nov 10!!! 1st interview ever! So nervous
And, are you IS or OOS?
Interviewed 9/15.. Still nothing in the mail
sameInterviewed 9/15.. Still nothing in the mail![]()

They do, if you're concerned I'd just give them a call.
If we call will they actually tell us anything or if we're actually rejected? I've called them before and all the person said was that they do not do any individual status updates and that I should just wait until I hear from them, which could be anytime until May.
I suppose, they haven't had all their interviews yet. And even if they didn't contact you yet doesn't mean they won't contact you later. So I guess for all of us it's just a waiting game.If we call will they actually tell us anything or if we're actually rejected? I've called them before and all the person said was that they do not do any individual status updates and that I should just wait until I hear from them, which could be anytime until May.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
interviewed here 9/30 but haven't heard back yet.
anyone in the same boat?
anyone in the same boat?
interviewed here 9/30 but haven't heard back yet.
anyone in the same boat?
Same here, I'd imagine we'll hear by end of next week.
Well I hope we do at least.
Just called - they said decisions still haven't been sent out yet. They are a little delayed and they couldn't say exactly when it was being sent out but they just said soon 🙁
Just called - they said decisions still haven't been sent out yet. They are a little delayed and they couldn't say exactly when it was being sent out but they just said soon 🙁
Hopefully before 2016 ><
Wow.....they need to get their **** together. At least send an email out to all the students saying that they're delayed so all of us aren't waiting around like this. It's not that hard to just send an email to give everyone a peace of mind. Especially when they know that they have students who haven been waiting way past the 6 week mark they mentioned.Just called - they said decisions still haven't been sent out yet. They are a little delayed and they couldn't say exactly when it was being sent out but they just said soon 🙁
This is crazy! I interviewed here first, in September and expected a response sooner, I already have 3 other acceptances and need to decide which school to attend with in these 2 weeks. I can't believe they didn't even make the decisions yet... I'm disappointed
Do they send out emails when you are complete...Also do they send II by snail mail or email???
I received a confirmation that my supplemental was paid for and received. They send II's by email and decisions by snail mail.
I wonder if they'll extend past the december deposit date since they are delayed
I wonder if they'll extend past the december deposit date since they are delayed
I have to make a decision for LECOM Bradenton in like 2 weeks, and they didnt even make a decision yet ;(
Anyone wanna make the call?anyone know if decisions were mailed out yet/if we'll hear back this week? *fingers crossed*
Anyone wanna make the call?
What time do they close?
I think 5 or 6 im not sureWhat time do they close?
anyone wind up making the call?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how close they are to filling the class for 2016?
no one has been accepted yet....Does anyone know how close they are to filling the class for 2016?
no one has been accepted yet....
Oh, don't mind me... just sitting here laughing at myself. 😀 Thank you for the info!
Anyone wanna make the call?
I called the last two times 🙂 Someone else's turn. The admissions is super friendly.anyone wind up making the call?
They said theyre still reviewing and sending em out "soon"I called the last two times 🙂 Someone else's turn. The admissions is super friendly.
I think they have a very different definition of soon than meThey said theyre still reviewing and sending em out "soon"
well lets put it this way
it takes 4-6 weeks so lets say 6 weeks is what we started with
but they are delayed lets say a week
so if you interviewed september 15th
you should most likely get an answer back sometime this week
If you interviewed last week of september then you should hear back the last week of this month
it takes 4-6 weeks so lets say 6 weeks is what we started with
but they are delayed lets say a week
so if you interviewed september 15th
you should most likely get an answer back sometime this week
If you interviewed last week of september then you should hear back the last week of this month
usually takes them about two weeks to review your supplemental
usually takes them about two weeks to review your supplemental
So since I'm at 3 months since submission, I'm probably getting nothing from them? Insert many expletives here...
I'm at 2 months since submission myself. I thought something was up because I didn't even receive a complete email (which they apparently don't send out anyway), so I decided to give them a call today. The lady said a decision has not been made yet and the cycle continues through spring so just wait until we contact you.So since I'm at 3 months since submission, I'm probably getting nothing from them? Insert many expletives here...
Can NYCOM please give me an II already? :'(
Yea, this is my dream school. I am familiar with the area and the people who go there. Sigh..Can NYCOM please give me an II already? :'(
my friend just called to inquire about admissions statuses, the mid September letters are coming out right now.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
my friend just called to inquire about admissions statuses, the mid September letters are coming out right now.
my friend just called to inquire about admissions statuses, the mid September letters are coming out right now.
So then us late-September people have a good wait ahead of us I'd presume
FINALLYmy friend just called to inquire about admissions statuses, the mid September letters are coming out right now.
I don't know I just can't wait to get this letter so that my tachycardia can return to a normal rhythm again lol
Similar threads
- Replies
- 270
- Views
- 71K
- Replies
- 395
- Views
- 101K
- Replies
- 183
- Views
- 32K
- Replies
- 200
- Views
- 58K
- Replies
- 346
- Views
- 67K