New York Medical College Interview-HELP!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

manchesteru1585

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview tomorrow (January 30th) at New York Medical College for their DPT program. I was just wondering if anyone could offer any advice/insight as to the schools interview format. Also, what type of questions does this school usually ask in their interview process? Since every school is different, any information about this school and its interview process would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry I can't help you any more than point you to a thread a bit further down the page with general interview questions (which you've probably already seen making my help completely useless :laugh:).

If you don't mind sharing, I was wondering what your basic stats are that got you the interview. I'm not 100% set on PT yet, waiting to hear back on potential volunteering this semester to check everything out, but if I do the PT path NYMC is my #1 school choice.

i interviewed there last week 1/23. there were 2 other people interviewing with me that day. the 1st years told me that the interview group typically has 6-8 students. right off the bat you're brought into this conference room where you wait for the department chair. he's really nice. he pretty much introduces the program, himself, the school etc. he's with you for most of the day-taking you on a campus tour, etc. lunch with their 1st years was fun. their 2nd and 3rd years are all off doing their clinical education. generally, i'd say the interview was pretty conversational and mostly focused on your application and what you've done. just be yourself and you'll do fine.

the best part is that whether good or bad you'll hear back within 2 weeks. i got an email this monday saying that they sent something in the mail....i'm hoping to receive it by the end of this week. i live in california so i'm not sure how long it takes for it to get here, but my fingers are crossed.

good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
i interviewed there last week 1/23. there were 2 other people interviewing with me that day. the 1st years told me that the interview group typically has 6-8 students. right off the bat you're brought into this conference room where you wait for the department chair. he's really nice. he pretty much introduces the program, himself, the school etc. he's with you for most of the day-taking you on a campus tour, etc. lunch with their 1st years was fun. their 2nd and 3rd years are all off doing their clinical education. generally, i'd say the interview was pretty conversational and mostly focused on your application and what you've done. just be yourself and you'll do fine.

the best part is that whether good or bad you'll hear back within 2 weeks. i got an email this monday saying that they sent something in the mail....i'm hoping to receive it by the end of this week. i live in california so i'm not sure how long it takes for it to get here, but my fingers are crossed.

good luck!

do you mind telling me your gpa, gpa science, gre stats? i am thinking of applying there, i have a month left to do so! you can private message me if you like. thanks

i just found out that nymc accepted me! :D

you know it's funny cause my stats are pretty depressing...i actually ended up applying to 12 schools because i was so worried about it. let's see i think my overall GPA was about ~3.0 and my science GPA was about the same. my GRE score was uhh a 1020 or so. i think what really swung in my favor was my essay, letters of rec and my experiences. they were really interested in my undergrad involvement with a non-profit with a student run free health clinic . in any case, i think it's great to know that some admissions committees realize that there's more to an applicant than stellar academic achievement. i also have a pending interview at uni of miami.

good luck! by the way, the nymc campus and faculty is really nice. one of the profs actually gave me a ride back to my hotel! she wasn't even part of the interview day. she just so happen to overhear the reception calling a taxi for me and offered to give me a ride.

Last edited:
i just found out that nymc accepted me! :D

you know it's funny cause my stats are pretty depressing...i actually ended up applying to 12 schools because i was so worried about it. let's see i think my overall GPA was about ~3.0 and my science GPA was about the same. my GRE score was uhh a 1020 or so. i think what really swung in my favor was my essay, letters of rec and my experiences. they were really interested in my undergrad involvement with a non-profit with a student run free health clinic . in any case, i think it's great to know that some admissions committees realize that there's more to an applicant than stellar academic achievement. i also have a pending interview at uni of miami.

good luck! by the way, the nymc campus and faculty is really nice. one of the profs actually gave me a ride back to my hotel! she wasn't even part of the interview day. she just so happen to overhear the reception calling a taxi for me and offered to give me a ride.

Thanks for all the info PT hopeful!

anyone know the tuition for NYMC? it says 75K in 2007, i wonder how much has inflated. thanks

hm...SuperKirby what is that amount for? at the interview they provided a breakdown for the total cost of attendance for 08/09 and tuition alone was 25,500. with fees, insurance, books, food, housing, transportation, etc added on, the total amount was about 50k per year. they did say to consider an additional 3%, but that is still no where near 75k.

hm...SuperKirby what is that amount for? at the interview they provided a breakdown for the total cost of attendance for 08/09 and tuition alone was 25,500. with fees, insurance, books, food, housing, transportation, etc added on, the total amount was about 50k per year. they did say to consider an additional 3%, but that is still no where near 75k.

I think i saw the 75K on the apta website. Its for tuition ONLY for 2007. Ok thanks for the numbers!

Is this still the case - you'll definitely get a decision within two weeks of the interview?