Disability Insurance (new grad)

Started by jelee915
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jelee915

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

It has been an incredibly long time since I have posted here, but I was hoping to get some insight. I will be graduating this week and was wondering if other working PTs/newly graduated PTs have gotten or currently have disability insurance?

Much appreciated in advance!
 
Hi all,

It has been an incredibly long time since I have posted here, but I was hoping to get some insight. I will be graduating this week and was wondering if other working PTs/newly graduated PTs have gotten or currently have disability insurance?

Much appreciated in advance!
Most employers offer short term and long term disability. I always opt in. If you are ever sick or injured and unable to work, how will you pay your bills? Even if you are permanently disabled, it takes at least 2 years to get SSI benefits with very few exceptions.
 
Most employers offer short term and long term disability. I always opt in. If you are ever sick or injured and unable to work, how will you pay your bills? Even if you are permanently disabled, it takes at least 2 years to get SSI benefits with very few exceptions.
Thank you so much. Besides from disability from employers, do you have your own personal disability insurance as well?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad