• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

super INTP

10+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2005
    Hey... I just want to get into any med school at all. Right now I'm a frosh at a pretty unprestigious school with conservatively estimated gpa of 3-3.5

I test pretty well... i think i could do well on mcat

how difficult would it be for me to get accepted to one of the lower rung schools?

Turkeyman

Trickster Poultry
    10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Dec 26, 2004
    Silver Spring, Maryland
      3-3.5 is a realllly large range. 3.5 would most certainly get you interviews, while 3.0-3.3 could be hard to work with. I have a 3.4 due to freshman year, and I'm feeling it ;(.

If you own the MCAT and stay above a 3.4, you can do it. Also -- good EC's and LORs :). Good luck.

MarzMD

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Jul 7, 2005
      1. Medical Student
        super INTP said:
        Hey... I just want to get into any med school at all. Right now I'm a frosh at a pretty unprestigious school with conservatively estimated gpa of 3-3.5

I test pretty well... i think i could do well on mcat

how difficult would it be for me to get accepted to one of the lower rung schools?

Read the forums for a little while longer. You will find advice on what you should be doing during undergrad. Your question, as is, will not get any real answers.

Flopotomist

I love the Chicago USPS
        10+ Year Member
        7+ Year Member
        May 22, 2005
        1. Resident [Any Field]
          Buy a copy of the MSAR - it will answer most of your questions. It can be purchased through AMCAS, or Amazon (or just borrowed from your schools pre-med advisor).

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.