News about the health field...sources?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
C

cavalier329

Anyone have any good sites to find news about health policy, new developments, etc.

The popular news sites like CNN, Foxnews, etc give more nutrition related info and those random stories about some miracle weight loss pill.

I am looking for a site that has legitimate news that someone in the field would like to read about, where I wont have to pay to access some journal.

Members don't see this ad.

Library should have plenty of books about politics in medicine and stuff like that. If you want the low-down talk to doctors you've shadowed or med student friends if you have them.

no, im talking about news

news feeds, articles, daily things.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have any good sites to find news about health policy, new developments, etc.

The popular news sites like CNN, Foxnews, etc give more nutrition related info and those random stories about some miracle weight loss pill.

I am looking for a site that has legitimate news that someone in the field would like to read about, where I wont have to pay to access some journal.

PM me for access to journals. I know of a few websites where you can get access to the top journals in many fields for free (yes, it is legal how I do it).

For websites, medworm.com, pubmed.gov, medicalnewstoday.com, sciencedaily.com, http://www.ama-assn.org/amednews/, and others. The best thing to do is set up an RSS feeder with medical terms that you are interested in.

Health Affairs, Wall Street Journal, Journal of Healthcare Management, New England Journal of Medicine (your school probably allows access)