NewThread...Funny about them NP's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PACtoDOC

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Holy triple sow cow!! I went incognito over to the allnurses.com web forums and hung out in the NP forum for awhile. You want to talk about a group of people who hate the world, most especially doctors and PA's!!! Go check it out in a stealth way. I was the guy posting as PA-C, DO, and read what I wrote. I wasn't even being rude, but I got banned from posting further responses. These women are locked and loaded and ready to take aim at anyone not bowing down to their profession. Go check it out!!!

www.allnurses.com

then choose the discussion board. It is amazing how they think!! They must think under the nursing model even in their daily lives :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Good lord Matt, you were not kidding. Absolutely incredible.

Members don't see this ad :)
HOly Crapoly.

They are Nazi's over there!!!

Hey PAC, some of my all time favorites:

"You had to dig for these [terms]" (refering to Wegener's, carcinoid, and p53)

"[Physicians].....they have their nose buried in books during a formative period in their life when they should be out hiking across Europe or engaged in other fun activities!"

followed by: "Why do I get the feeling that MD/DOs are not reading their own journals" as well as: "most doctors have little training in deductive thinking" and the big finish, "I aware that medical schools are improving; some even have nutrition courses now"

"PA school might be more rigorous but that's so the PA can catch up to the NP knowledge base"

And somebody is actually named "MD terminator"

:laugh: :laugh: ROTFLMAO:laugh: :laugh:

God help us.

Funny thing is MDterminator wrote me a private message telling me that he was going to be going to medical school because he just realized after my post that an FP can do OB and minor surgery in the rural areas. What an epiphany!! He told me not to tell anyone he had written me because he would get banished from the NP forum forever!! So I better not tell anyone :laugh:

Originally posted by PACtoDOC
Funny thing is MDterminator wrote me a private message telling me that he was going to be going to medical school because he just realized after my post that an FP can do OB and minor surgery in the rural areas. What an epiphany!! He told me not to tell anyone he had written me because he would get banished from the NP forum forever!! So I better not tell anyone :laugh:

That's friggin hilarious :laugh:

Hypocrisy, thy name is SDN PA forum.

How many posts have their been on here about how PA training is supposedly superior to MD training?

How many posts have there been about how PAs supposedly offer superior patient care?

How many posts have there been about how PAs deserve total autonomy and that they should be able to do everything that MDs can do?

Perhaps you should answer those questions first, and then you'll find that the NPs and the PAs think alike.

welcome back macgyver/papilloma
no one here has ever said that pa training is superior to md training. the theme has been that pa applicants have more experience prior to entering training so avoid many common bonehead med student mistakes because they already made tham as nurses or paramedics.

Hey Mac,

Show an example of a thread that details the things you just mentioned, otherwise, go get a colonic to help flush your 3 neurons held together by that spirochete!!!:laugh:

Hey Macgyver,
I'm just curious, what do you do? Are you a med student, undergrad, or High School student? You seem to have quite an interest in midlevel providers, do you want to be a PA? Just curious. Peace.

Originally posted by emedpa
avoid many common bonehead med student mistakes

Yeah, its called training douche-bag........med students learn from their mistakes and eventually employ you PAs to do their scutwork.

Peace :laugh:

Okay Brachial, I have had about enough of you. How about you migrate like a wishful Hirshsprung plexus back to the colon you crawled out of? If you have nothing better to do than hang out on the PA forum and bash our profession, you should stay in the medical student threads where your vast experience as a boot rookie can be appreciated more fully. And one last thing, as a PA, I never did any scutwork and made 6 figures annually. From what platform again do you speak with such a fu**ing brilliant understanding of what PA's really do? I've got your scutwork, but if you want it, you are going to have to look for it somewhere between Dartos Lane and Coronal Ridge Road!!! :laugh:

It's so funny to see pactodoc open a physiology book on some doc's shelf and bust out with some vocabs *everytime* he posts something just to try to impress somebody.

pactodoc, i can picture your daily job now. you were the main man whom the nurses and docs and the press ran to when there was something big. wow, you are the man.

i made 8 figures as a medical student. you bash on nurses, i bash on PAs. the world is round. i can post in any forum i choose. you have a problem with freedom of speech? you can get over it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you notice there were quite a few "banned " people on that site?

sad...I think different opinions make these type of boards fun.

Originally posted by papilloma
It's so funny to see pactodoc open a physiology book on some doc's shelf and bust out with some vocabs *everytime* he posts something just to try to impress somebody.

pactodoc, i can picture your daily job now. you were the main man whom the nurses and docs and the press ran to when there was something big. wow, you are the man.

i made 8 figures as a medical student. you bash on nurses, i bash on PAs. the world is round. i can post in any forum i choose. you have a problem with freedom of speech? you can get over it.

My hero!! (Wiping tear from my eye) :love:

Hey you little Villous Papilloma, and you too Scrotal Plexus. I don't need to pull a physiology book off my doc's shelf because I have my own from 1st year of medical school. I guess you failed to realize that my handle actually stands for something (hence the DOC in PACtoDOC). Why don't you two head on over to the hypospadias forum where you can see if you can catch each other's double streams!!

Sure, you guys can post wherever you want, but I think you will get tired of getting your as*es spanked by people here with real medical knowledge, and not just rookie smegma for brains!

Oh, and senior medical students and residents talk down and bad about junior medical students and pre-med guru's. The world still round enough for you now losers?

Alright folks - enough of the bashing, it's getting rather old rather quickly. I really hate having to work at this moderator job, and I refuse to turn this into a site where folks get banned for posting differing opinions - but personal attacks and threads that just end up in endless bickering over opionions are not what is wanted either.

Keep the fights clean - hands above the waist, gentlemen. Seperate back to your corners and come out fighting cleanly.

THanks

D

Originally posted by rdennisjr
Alright folks - enough of the bashing, it's getting rather old rather quickly. I really hate having to work at this moderator job, and I refuse to turn this into a site where folks get banned for posting differing opinions - but personal attacks and threads that just end up in endless bickering over opionions are not what is wanted either.

Keep the fights clean - hands above the waist, gentlemen. Seperate back to your corners and come out fighting cleanly.

THanks

D

I am all for oversight, but please Lt., lets use it when it is appropriate. No one is threatening anyone, and no one is cursing. Do you want to just sit arund and watch these little trolls come into our forum and run their mouths? Sometimes idiots need a little "talking to", you know, the old "blanket party"? And sometimes good leaders look the other way.

hypospadia,,,,,,,,, double stream.......... hahahahaha
gotta say one of the funniest comeback i've read.
but where are these elusive 6 figures salary you guys are making. my sister works at an orthosurg dept in NYC and only make 45G. She look everywhere and most offers are about the same range. any info on good paying jobs in NYC (ortho/plastic)?

Matt:

I certainly applaud your dedication and devotion to our profession; so much so that you still feel a need to defend it through banter even though you are leaving it to become a physician. Having said that, the most effective way to combat those who attack us on this forum is to simply ignore their posts and continue the original line of the thread as if they didn't post at all. Believe me, I realize that I have been guilty of getting sucked in before and I will likely engage them again at some point. I would, however, encourage you and all who participate in this forum to simply ignore attacking posts and then watch them fade away. Its hard to have an argument with yourself.

governator, the problem is that nyc is a supersaturated market. the national pa avg salary is 76 k and people are taking 35k in nyc just because they can't stand the thought of moving. tell her to move and double her salary.....or stay in nyc and do a residency in surgery( see www.appap.org) then she can demand and get a higher salary.

Why don't you two head on over to the hypospadias forum where you can see if you can catch each other's double streams!!

For your information, loser, hypospadias does not result in a double stream. Looks like you're still stuck in PA mode.........did you/will you ever get out of that mode?:laugh:

Hey CV, EMED, you guys here something? I thought I heard someone talking but I guess I was halucinating. ;)

yeah, that's the problem right there, once you live in a big city, tough to move away. She loves NYC, same problem with me, i'm in LA and not planning to move, meaning i'll be in the 150000 bracket when i'm done with residency while my classmates who choose the midwest would be in the 250000 brackets.
I thought maybe she was working in the low paying specialty but i guess it's more of location right?
one more question, in her case that she's been working at ortho surg already, would it make a difference to go back to surg/ortho surg PA residency to get a higher salary?

My family, my friends, and I don't consider DOs who talk a lot of trash "real" docs. Sorry to disappoint you.

Hey you little Villous Papilloma, and you too Scrotal Plexus. I don't need to pull a physiology book off my doc's shelf because I have my own from 1st year of medical school. I guess you failed to realize that my handle actually stands for something (hence the DOC in PACtoDOC). Why don't you two head on over to the hypospadias forum where you can see if you can catch each other's double streams!!

Sure, you guys can post wherever you want, but I think you will get tired of getting your as*es spanked by people here with real medical knowledge, and not just rookie smegma for brains!

Oh, and senior medical students and residents talk down and bad about junior medical students and pre-med guru's. The world still round enough for you now losers?

So hey CV, how are things in Fl? EMED, any news on the career change? Its really slow here lately...good for a change.
;)

matt- working at a great new job, still keeping options open for d.o. school.....

The fact that PAs here talk a lot of trash, but either switches to DO or think about switching means one thing: it is better off to be a doc than PA.

One thing I hope you all learn is that, no matter what degree you have, a *real* doc is one that has much more compassion than that shown in this forum. Except rdennis, I doubt any PA here will master that.

Matt:

Things are actually quite crazy. Our program is starting to take-off. We had 6 cases last week which really kinda sucked the life out of the whole team. Its a seasonal thing, however, so likely we will get a break in a month or so.

I have also been precepting with Johnson & Johnson teaching endoscopic radial artery harvesting techniques to surgeons and and PAs who want to learn this relatively new technique. Its a lot of fun, meet some great people, get to travel, etc.

All in all, life is good.

great to hear you guys are doing so well! You guys will probably be long retired before I ever finish and get my practice set up. This semester has been a butt kicker trying to study for board and classes, and for some stupid reason I added a second job to make a little more money and have some fun. We're taking a trip to Alaska in May to check out the residency in Anchorage I am interested in to see if I want to rotate there later in the fall. Things are starting to get somewhat exciting being almost done with didactics!

ANCHORAGE! Are you kidding?? You are actually considering a residency in Alaska? I mean, I am an outdoorsman and I love to fish and hike so it sounds great, but moving you and the family to Alaska for 3-years sounds unbelievable. Does your wife know you are planning this? LOL!

Yes she does. Anchorange has the best of all worlds for us. It has winters that are relatively mild (probably compared to somewhere like mainland Chicago), and from what I can tell one of the best FP residencies around. They basically guarantee C-section priviledges when you are done, and they are the largest referral hospital for the whole state. Plus, there are tons of NHSC jobs there so when I am done I could stay in the area. I really want to be somewhere beautiful, still far out enough where the standard of care is the best care you can provide from your knowledge base. Alaska is largely uninfiltrated by lawyers and still has truly needy people. I have essentially narrowed my choices to ETSU in Kingsport, Tn, a program in Harrisburg, Pa, one on Fort Worth where I am, and a couple in the NW like Montana, Idaho, Wyoming. But the Alaska one is the most intriguing. It should be interesting to visit and see if it is tolerable!

Sounds very cool. I am even a little jealous. I have been trying to talk my wife into relocating from Florida to Colorado because of the topography, climate, and people. We have family down here so she doesn't want to separate the kids from them. I understand that, but I just love the mountainous terrain. I'll be interested to hear how things progress for you. Who knows, maybe by the time you get out, I'll be tired of standing in the OR for 4-5 hours, twice a day and will be ready for a quiet primary care PA position in Alaska. Heard the fishing is some of the best in the world. Wouldn't that be a trip? LOL!

I do plan to try and find a very experienced ER or surgical PA to come join my FP practice to actually help me be able to provide more high speed urgent care in the bush.