Next step cars difficultly

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureD.O

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone notice how much more difficult next step cars is from Kaplan, EK, etc? The passages are much more detailed and consistently dense. My scores are much lower on next step's than any other cars practice..

Members don't see this ad.

I second that. My scores on NS are lower compared to TPR/EK -- (didn't know there are CARS passages from Kaplan).

Some of the passages are extremely short (half of a page) and easy to read (takes me like 5min to answer) and some are very long (full page) and dense (takes me 12-14min). For me, a good 20% of the answer explanations don't make sense. They are ok but not great in my opinion. But I generally score very poor on verbal.

I second that. My scores on NS are lower compared to TPR/EK -- (didn't know there are CARS passages from Kaplan).

Some of the passages are extremely short (half of a page) and easy to read (takes me like 5min to answer) and some are very long (full page) and dense (takes me 12-14min). For me, a good 20% of the answer explanations don't make sense. They are ok but not great in my opinion. But I generally score very poor on verbal.

I'm enrolled in a Kaplan course, so it comes with plenty of cars practice. Poor scores on sdn are very subjective lol, one persons low score could be someone else's high score..
But yeah I know what you mean. On 2 Kaplan cars full tests I've gotten between 70-76% correct (which are supposed to be harder than the aamc's cars according to the general consensus on sdn and in Kaplan classes..but take that with a grain of salt) while receiving around 50-61% on next step's cars. I'd like to see what others think as well considering it was difficult to find people's opinions on this!

ive taken 2 next step full tests and have averaged around 77% on cars, while i got 85% on AAMC practice... idk if it is harder or just that some of the questions are garbage, like what would be an appropriate title for this passage?

ive taken 2 next step full tests and have averaged around 77% on cars, while i got 85% on AAMC practice... idk if it is harder or just that some of the questions are garbage, like what would be an appropriate title for this passage?

That is an excellent point! Haha I actually had one of those questions today and literally said "wtf" in my head..