- Home
- Forums
- Physician and Resident Communities (MD / DO)
- Family Medicine
- Rural & Underserved Communities
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted480308
You guys shouldn't do it...............................................................................
I can always decide later to not take it if I change my mind over the summer, but I have to apply to even have the choice...I'm ten years older than a traditional applicant and I know I want to live in a rural area, so it makes more sense to me than most people
I should ask though, are you in the program and regretting it? or is this a general, "don't lock yourself into anything" warning"
kinda regret not applying for the S2S loan with the sticker shock I now have.... extra $120,000 during residency would make a huge dent in my debt.
I can always decide later to not take it if I change my mind over the summer, but I have to apply to even have the choice...I'm ten years older than a traditional applicant and I know I want to live in a rural area, so it makes more sense to me than most people
Don't do it.... I don't need the competition!!
D
deleted480308
Yes! Have you started the application?
yes I have...I'm worried because I'll lose points for not being poor enough 😉
D
deleted480308
Don't do it.... I don't need the competition!!
love it... I have kids and everything so that kind of debt relief would be pretty awesomeJust submitted the application, good luck everyone! 
Hey, just so you know, there is another conversation going on about this.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/nhsc-application-2014-2015.1060051/
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/nhsc-application-2014-2015.1060051/
I applied for this and I am afraid I may be passed up for other loans that time has passed if I don't get accepted for this..
? This is a scholarship for med students. It's not a loan, and it's not loan repayment.I applied for this and I am afraid I may be passed up for other loans that time has passed if I don't get accepted for this..
? This is a scholarship for med students. It's not a loan, and it's not loan repayment.
Woops. I meant the NHSC loan repayment - never mind.
This might be the wrong place to ask this question (as it looks like you guys are mainly talking about the NHSC scholarship), but I'm curious if anyone is familiar with the NHSC student to service scholarship/loan forgiveness. How competitive is it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 6K
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 8K