NHSC scholarhip application open for 2014!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted480308

anyone else still thinking about trying to get in on this?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes! Have you started the application?

You guys shouldn't do it...............................................................................

Members don't see this ad :)
You guys shouldn't do it...............................................................................

I can always decide later to not take it if I change my mind over the summer, but I have to apply to even have the choice...I'm ten years older than a traditional applicant and I know I want to live in a rural area, so it makes more sense to me than most people

I should ask though, are you in the program and regretting it? or is this a general, "don't lock yourself into anything" warning"

kinda regret not applying for the S2S loan with the sticker shock I now have.... extra $120,000 during residency would make a huge dent in my debt.

Reactions: 1 user
I can always decide later to not take it if I change my mind over the summer, but I have to apply to even have the choice...I'm ten years older than a traditional applicant and I know I want to live in a rural area, so it makes more sense to me than most people

Don't do it.... I don't need the competition!!

Just submitted the application, good luck everyone! :happy:

I applied for this and I am afraid I may be passed up for other loans that time has passed if I don't get accepted for this..

I applied for this and I am afraid I may be passed up for other loans that time has passed if I don't get accepted for this..
? This is a scholarship for med students. It's not a loan, and it's not loan repayment.

This might be the wrong place to ask this question (as it looks like you guys are mainly talking about the NHSC scholarship), but I'm curious if anyone is familiar with the NHSC student to service scholarship/loan forgiveness. How competitive is it?