Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know the NICU guys are going to throw a lot of hate in my direction, but IMHO NICU is not necessary to be a good pediatrician. General peds dont manage RDS, they dont intubate 28 week premies, they dont insert UAC/UVCs, they dont do chest tubes. All those procedures you do in NICU will be lost forever unless you decide to do a NICU fellowship.
Its absurd that the ACGME requires not only 1 NICU rotation, but 3. WTF are they thinking?
I dont like the heavy procedure focus of NICU, I dont like throwing the whole playbook at a 24 weeker.
NICU rotation should be optional, not required.
Its absurd that the ACGME requires not only 1 NICU rotation, but 3. WTF are they thinking?
I dont like the heavy procedure focus of NICU, I dont like throwing the whole playbook at a 24 weeker.
NICU rotation should be optional, not required.


