NIH Loan Repayment Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Haven't heard about financial review for a 2nd renewal of Clinical Research LRP from NICHD. I'm pretty sure I was notified of financial review during the first half of May back in 2018 for my first renewal.

Members don't see this ad.

Haven't heard about financial review for a 2nd renewal of Clinical Research LRP from NICHD. I'm pretty sure I was notified of financial review during the first half of May back in 2018 for my first renewal.

Actually, I went back and checked my emails, received email for financial review from NICHD for initial application on 5/12/16 and for first renewal on 5/9/18. So not a huge difference between initial application and renewal.

I haven't heard anything from NIMHD re: health disparities renewal.
This is my first renewal application, but I checked my old emails and found that I was notified about financial review for my initial NIMHD application on May 17.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone heard any news about new applications? Seems like notices of financial review started going out around this time last year.

Just found out this morning that I got selected for financial review! New application via Health Disparities LRP (4th time applying though).

Question: Does anybody have tips on how to acquire Master Promissory Notes from Navient? I've been trying to figure it out for an hour now and it's very confusing!

Just found out this morning that I got selected for financial review! New application via Health Disparities LRP (4th time applying though).

Question: Does anybody have tips on how to acquire Master Promissory Notes from Navient? I've been trying to figure it out for an hour now and it's very confusing!

Congrats! My student loans are managed through FedLoan Servicing, but I think the master promissory note is from StudentLoans.gov

oh bummer, I'm on my 4th time w/ nimhd too, having been through this so many times, I'm sure all of the financial review notifications go out for nimhd at the same time (this morning)...a friend heard about review for a renewal this morning too. Womp womp, hopefully next year!

I’ve followed this thread for several years. Thank you all for the updates. My status changed to selected today! This is my second time applying for a 1st renewal for NIDCD clinical research. Best of luck to you all!

Reactions: 1 user
I just got the email that my application was selected yesterday (first time applying, clinical new, NIA). I was told by several colleagues this means its a done deal but after reading this thread I suppose I will have to wait till I get the final confirmation email in August.

Anyone heard on first time proposal from NINDS? I went to go look at my application and it said status was still “under review”. I had gotten an email a few months ago that my grant had gone out for peer review and that such would be completed my April 30th. It then said I would get a report 6-8 weeks after.

Has anyone heard from NICHD (new application, pediatric research) yet?

Anyone heard on first time proposal from NINDS? I went to go look at my application and it said status was still “under review”. I had gotten an email a few months ago that my grant had gone out for peer review and that such would be completed my April 30th. It then said I would get a report 6-8 weeks after.
I have not heard anything yet from NINDS and my status has not changed. Let me know if yours does and I will do the same. Best of luck!

I just heard from NIMH today and that my application was being financially reviewed. I was a little frustrated since I received a voicemail saying I was 15 days late on submitting the loan documents--I never got any email or notification! I rapidly uploaded them to the system. Fingers crossed this is a really good sign!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything about financial review from NICHD? I am waiting to hear about a renewal clinical research application.

Financial review on an NHLBI renewal application came in this morning. Best of luck everyone!

Has anyone heard from NIAID? I am awaiting news on a renewal clinical research application. For my initial application in 2018, I heard about financial review around 5/9/2018. I appreciate the updates that everyone generously offers re: their applications on this thread! It is so helpful and appreciated.

Wondered if anyone has any experience with making a change of institution and research project on an LRP. At the moment, I am on an LRP award. I'm currently a postdoc and been offered a job at a non-profit research institute, working 100% of my time on a SAMHSA funded grant. I called to ask if this would not be a breach of contract, to which they replied that I needed to accept the job first to fill out the change of institution information.

I told them that I would not accept the position unless I know it would be OK, as I can't afford the $7500 penalty PER MONTH you are breaching the contract. They pushed back and said I needed to accept a new job before anything can be processed.....

Anyone have any experience with this or suggestions?

Thanks so much!

My status just changed to "selected", NIAAA-CR, renewal. No email and no request for financial records.

Wondered if anyone has any experience with making a change of institution and research project on an LRP. At the moment, I am on an LRP award. I'm currently a postdoc and been offered a job at a non-profit research institute, working 100% of my time on a SAMHSA funded grant. I called to ask if this would not be a breach of contract, to which they replied that I needed to accept the job first to fill out the change of institution information.

I told them that I would not accept the position unless I know it would be OK, as I can't afford the $7500 penalty PER MONTH you are breaching the contract. They pushed back and said I needed to accept a new job before anything can be processed.....

Anyone have any experience with this or suggestions?

Thanks so much!

I think you will be fine. I've done two change of institutes, and the transition was easy. But, in both cases I had to do the transition before they would make any changes (I believe because your employer has to confirm the basic requirements). The catch, of course, is that you're (a) still devoting at 50% time to research (which it sounds like you are) and (b) it isn't a for-profit or government job (which also sounds accurate).

Has anyone heard from NIAID? I am awaiting news on a renewal clinical research application. For my initial application in 2018, I heard about financial review around 5/9/2018. I appreciate the updates that everyone generously offers re: their applications on this thread! It is so helpful and appreciated.
A few hours later...my online status just switched to "Selected" - NIAID, first time renewal, Clinical Research LRP. No email notification yet.

NINDS 1st time applicant here. I got notice for Financial Review this evening.

Anyone heard from NICHD? Waiting on a renewal but switched from Clinical to Health Disparities. So nervous that this was a misstep, but my research just moved in that direction b/c of my position.

Hi, first time CR-LRP applicant. Received a NIAAA request for financial review 5/13. Best of luck to everyone anxiously awaiting news!

Congrats! Did you recive an email or did you status change? My status changed from "submitted" to "selected" but I have not yet recieved an emial.
FYI my status changed from "submitted" to "selected" on Wednesday in the afternoon and then I got the email about financial verification on Thursday night (NIAID 1st time renewal).

Congrats to you too NINDS LRP Applicant!
I got email last night, but do not know when my status changed. I logged in this morning and it said Selected. Pretty pumped.

Anyone heard from NICHD? Waiting on a renewal but switched from Clinical to Health Disparities. So nervous that this was a misstep, but my research just moved in that direction b/c of my position.

I am sorry if this is piling on to your stress but based on the funding percentages, health disparities is generally harder to get compared to clinical. This of course does not account for this year where HD is an expanded focus area for LRPs. I know a friend who applied for HD who is also waiting to hear back so they might just be a bit delayed. Good luck!

First time applying- I received my financial review email this morning! (NIDDK, Clinical).

When I applied, I had two student loans at a fairly high interest rate. I called the LRP office and they told me it was okay to consolidate the two at a lower interest rate somewhere else, even though I applied with those two. I also emailed them to get it in writing, and they confirmed it was okay given that I follow the consolidation rules. So I went ahead and consolidated those two loans into one (the monthly payments were way too high for me otherwise!). However, now the system is asking for the materials for my old loan through very specific fields and there is no way to upload additional documentation in the system/explain and upload things such as a my consolidation note. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there an easy work-around? I emailed them but I am a little nervous with only 15 days to get things sorted out!

Looks like a lot of the institutes have been in touch about financial review. I'm still waiting to hear from NICHD. Anyone applying to NICHD hear back yet about financial review?

Looks like a lot of the institutes have been in touch about financial review. I'm still waiting to hear from NICHD. Anyone applying to NICHD hear back yet about financial review?
Not yet...Best of luck!

I also haven't heard anything from NCATS clinical research renewal.

Hi! A few weeks later, but wondering if anyone has heard from NCATS yet? Pediatric LRP first time application

I'm waiting to hear from NIDDK for a renewal application. This would be my first renewal so not sure what to expect. I just called the office and they said that institutes do not send financial notifications on the same day but instead on a rolling basis. Crossing my fingers for all of you! This award is financially life-changing!

Does is sound like NIMHD financial reviews have already gone out for renewals? It seems to me they are always a bit later, but I’m getting nervous now!

Logged on this morning and my NICHD Clinical Research second renewal application status changed to "selected"! No email about financial review yet. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear from NICHD!

Logged on this morning and my NICHD Clinical Research second renewal application status changed to "selected"! No email about financial review yet. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear from NICHD!

Congratulations!
Darn! Still waiting on NICHD Health Disparities Renewal. Should have stuck with Clinical for the renewal...

still waiting for NCI - anyone heard yet?
Hello! I received an email notifying me that my application (new application, NCI, clinical research) was selected for financial review around 11:30pm yesterday, Wednesday 5/20. I will note that the email actually went to my spam folder, so perhaps check there too. My status on the LRP application portal has also switched to "selected" but I didn't see that until after discovering the email in my spam folder. This is my third try for the LRP (second time applying to NCI), Good Luck!

Hello! I received an email notifying me that my application (new application, NCI, clinical research) was selected for financial review around 11:30pm yesterday, Wednesday 5/20. I will note that the email actually went to my spam folder, so perhaps check there too. My status on the LRP application portal has also switched to "selected" but I didn't see that until after discovering the email in my spam folder. This is my third try for the LRP (second time applying to NCI), Good Luck!
thank you and congrats! no word/change to status yet for my renewal application. will hold out hope for a little longer!

Congratulations!
Darn! Still waiting on NICHD Health Disparities Renewal. Should have stuck with Clinical for the renewal...
I'll keep my fingers crossed the NICHD Health Disparities notices are still forthcoming!

Two of my colleagues' status changed to "selected" as NICHD pediatric research renewals. I'm still waiting/hoping to hear from my Pediatric Research new award. :xf:

Hello, for those that have been selected. I am collecting information for financial review, but cannot obtain statements for loans that are in forbearance. Any advice on what to submit instead? Thanks in advance

Hello, for those that have been selected. I am collecting information for financial review, but cannot obtain statements for loans that are in forbearance. Any advice on what to submit instead? Thanks in advance

Who services your loans? Fed Loan Servicing does mine and I was able to easily access a letter through my online account that listed current status of my loans (original loan amounts, payoff amounts, payment history) that also documents status of loans in forebearance due to federal bill. Good luck!

Any word on NICHD Health Disparities? Waiting on a first-time renewal. TIA.

Any word on NICHD Health Disparities? Waiting on a first-time renewal. TIA.

I am a first-time new application to NIA Health Disparities and I haven't heard anything. From what I can tell, none of the Health Disparities applications to non-NIMHD Institutes have been notified. I'm hoping because this is the first year the Health Disparities LRP has been open to all other NIH Institutes, their review process is a little slower while they work out kinks. Hopefully!?

I am a first-time new application to NIA Health Disparities and I haven't heard anything. From what I can tell, none of the Health Disparities applications to non-NIMHD Institutes have been notified. I'm hoping because this is the first year the Health Disparities LRP has been open to all other NIH Institutes, their review process is a little slower while they work out kinks. Hopefully!?
Your mouth to g_d's ears!