personal jesus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 29, 2003
Status (Visible)
Has anyone applied for this research internship in the past? If so when did you hear back? Thanks

dannieboy20

15+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2003
Status (Visible)
I applied for it last year. It just depends on if Investigators like your letter, cv and record. I think they cut it off March 15 as the last date Investigators can contact you.
Good luck! NIH is an awesome place to work at, and you can't beat living in DC :D

pekq

Gunner
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2004
NJ
Status (Visible)
You will get contacted by the PI based on your interests and experience. I don't believe you need stellar stats for NIH summer internship, just convey strong enthusiasm and commitment. I would suggest waiting to hear from a few PIs before scheduling a trip to Bethesda or whichever off campus site to visit + interview unless you live close.

BonBon Doux

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2004
Status (Visible)
Do a search on NIH internships on SDN. There was a similar question on here a month ago or so in which I and other SDNers went into detail about the NIH summer and postbacc programs.

all the best,
BonBon

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.