Nintendo School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
C.P. Jones said:
what did you choose as your options in installation? i extracted it all to my desktop and i went through actually choosing a whole bunch of combinations...did you just say yes to every first thing and not touch anything else?

I didn't extract to the desktop, I extracted to the root so for example one of the files was c:\install.exe. (Basically take all the files you extracted to the desktop and drag them onto the C drive in my computer.) From there I answered as follows
Y
copy to hard drive
Y
Y
copy from C
expand on hard drive
pc speaker
Y
and then hit enter a bunch of times. It runs for a bit before it locks up.(But I was running in WinXP. I guess I could try 98 or MSDOS and see what happens.)

Members don't see this ad.

i got it to work, thanks!

did you end up playing it, or it just froze?

it's kinda weird that it starts w/ immediately seeing patients, and my second guy i sent to the OR, and i didn't know what to do for the surgery...so i basically started and got kicked out...and called a quack....i guess i've got some practice to do....i like how you go to "medical school" as a doctor giving brain surgery who doesn't know what he's doing

dajimmers said:
It's the Da Vinci. I wonder if surgeons in general like this robotic surgery, it's only going to become more prevalent.

Example: the link in my signature

Yeah check out howstuffworks.com entry on robotic surgery for more links (http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/robotic-surgery1.htm) . ORLive is a cool site, I remember watching that all the time in ugrad to keep up the motivation. I even watched a few times before shadowing so I'd have some clue what was going on.

Members don't see this ad :)
C.P. Jones said:
i got it to work, thanks!

did you end up playing it, or it just froze?

it's kinda weird that it starts w/ immediately seeing patients, and my second guy i sent to the OR, and i didn't know what to do for the surgery...so i basically started and got kicked out...and called a quack....i guess i've got some practice to do....i like how you go to "medical school" as a doctor giving brain surgery who doesn't know what he's doing

It just froze on me everytime I play.(I run LD2.exe and I see the hospital and can't go any further.) I'm thinking at this point I'd have to get an old 486 with MS-DOS in order to play it.

Dave_D said:
It just froze on me everytime I play.(I run LD2.exe and I see the hospital and can't go any further.) I'm thinking at this point I'd have to get an old 486 with MS-DOS in order to play it.

i deleted it now anyway...it's kinda dumb...you have to give physicals first, and they have to be complete even if you already know what's wrong, (and i don't mean i have a problem w/ that for real life)...w/ the game, you have to give them a pin prick to 6 places, and it takes at least 10 seconds before it'll let you move the mouse again....and the rest of the game is too technical to be a game

01.gif

Level up, everybody!